+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rev

It seems like you are trying to stir the pot a little OzL ......

Think something occured during the Chelsea matchday thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    It seems like you are trying to stir the pot a little OzL ......
    No, I'm not there was talk that he said that in a thread and no one denied it. This dude asks what happen so I just remarked on what was said back then FFS.
    I was even thinking he needs a break so I purposely haven't been posting much and he comes out with attacks lol.
    And that Moron keeps attacking me so f him.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 19-01-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Oz, you seem like a good guy, i enjoy your posts, but we need posters like The Rev, so can we move on?, and perhaps encourage him to end his flounce? not suggesting you go all snowflake, this forum is enjoyable due to its occasional spicy arguements and opinioned posters, but lets get The Rev back on board!

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Think something occured during the Chelsea matchday thread.
    Correct. Post #158 in that thread was from Mrs O, suggesting she was leaving the forum. Post #167 was from Rev, saying much the same.

Both were followed by posts from others appealing for both to stick around (or return).

Can't say I'm innocent of the crime of name calling, but tried to mend my ways on that score. Seems that it was that kind of behaviour that led to Mrs O and Rev departing, so hopefully they will see these posts and perhaps be persuaded to turn the other cheek.

Mrs W posted in the same thread, suggesting we get back to the "supporting the team, moaning about the team, laughing when we win, bellyaching when we lose, getting players in selling players" (I paraphrase, slightly)", but it takes members to post to do that, and the more the merrier, n'est pas?

I'd suggest that we all see Leeds United as we wish, not as others might, and express your opinions accordingly. Never stop "telling it like you see it", as long as you don't expect everyone to agree with you (but of course that doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone else!).

Come back to the forum, Rev, Mrs O, and all the others who have "kind of" left, but who watch from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Correct. Post #158 in that thread was from Mrs O, suggesting she was leaving the forum. Post #167 was from Rev, saying much the same.

Both were followed by posts from others appealing for both to stick around (or return).

Can't say I'm innocent of the crime of name calling, but tried to mend my ways on that score. Seems that it was that kind of behaviour that led to Mrs O and Rev departing, so hopefully they will see these posts and perhaps be persuaded to turn the other cheek.

Mrs W posted in the same thread, suggesting we get back to the "supporting the team, moaning about the team, laughing when we win, bellyaching when we lose, getting players in selling players" (I paraphrase, slightly)", but it takes members to post to do that, and the more the merrier, n'est pas?

I'd suggest that we all see Leeds United as we wish, not as others might, and express your opinions accordingly. Never stop "telling it like you see it", as long as you don't expect everyone to agree with you (but of course that doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone else!).

Come back to the forum, Rev, Mrs O, and all the others who have "kind of" left, but who watch from the sidelines.
    Agree with that

WTF the new "Moderator" lol!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Oz, you seem like a good guy, i enjoy your posts, but we need posters like The Rev, so can we move on?, and perhaps encourage him to end his flounce? not suggesting you go all snowflake, this forum is enjoyable due to its occasional spicy arguements and opinioned posters, but lets get The Rev back on board!
    Blanco I and rev had a good thing going and never once did we argue over anything. I know Rev is a good man but I don't understand what that has to do to me cause I reposted what someone else had said?
    Sh=t i was the only one standing up to MRs O also while all the brave ones let that dude go all out on her. Fair go MAte.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Missing the point WTF as you very well know what it is to speak your mind on social media pages. This is not the only forum it happens eg YouTube Facebook Twitter so on it happens everywhere.
    They are called keyboard warriors for nothing, It's faceless people that want to make other's lives crap as is their own lives.
    It has gotten so bad that law enforcement is taking it seriously now eg you make a death threat and don't think you can get away with it as they can track you down when they want to.
    Anyway going back to our story nothing will change and these people will still be around because that's all they want to do and get satisfied in doing so. They won't change habits it's like a smoker trying to quit or someone on drugs.
    I don't know Rev but from pics of Mrs. O and her writing, I can tell she is a decent human been and smart at that. For her to take insults can be hurtful. I witness her get insulted's cause her posts were long and because they could not comprehend the meaningness they reverted to insulting her.
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Missing the point WTF as you very well know what it is to speak your mind on social media pages. This is not the only forum it happens eg YouTube Facebook Twitter so on it happens everywhere.
    They are called keyboard warriors for nothing, It's faceless people that want to make other's lives crap as is their own lives.
    It has gotten so bad that law enforcement is taking it seriously now eg you make a death threat and don't think you can get away with it as they can track you down when they want to.
    Anyway going back to our story nothing will change and these people will still be around because that's all they want to do and get satisfied in doing so. They won't change habits it's like a smoker trying to quit or someone on drugs.
    I don't know Rev but from pics of Mrs. O and her writing, I can tell she is a decent human been and smart at that. For her to take insults can be hurtful. I witness her get insulted's cause her posts were long and because they could not comprehend the meaningness they reverted to insulting her.
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to come back?
    With respect ( and I mean that, unlike most times when folks use that "intro") I'm in no way missing the point at all.

I don't use (anti)social media, as I'm of an age where such things (at least the "mainstream" you refer to), are largely an irrelevance, and IMHO it's a shame more don't hold the same view (but that's just me). I prefer real life interaction, in whatever form, and regarding whatever part of human existence, to the synthetic, disconnected (yes, seriously), fractured digital/digitised world that we have today (and yes I recognise the contradiction of me using this forum to make such statements).

I recognise that it's not possible through other means for those in Australia, America, Europe, UK (we're not part if the EU any more!&#128521, to have the kind of dialogue we have here, but that's no excuse for insults to be exchanged and injury to be caused.

Rev, Mrs O, and others may have removed themselves from the forum due to the actions/statement of others. The best we who remain can do is encourage them to return, and discourage those who instigated their departure from repeating past mistakes. Is there any guarantees either course will succeed? Nope.

It's in the nature of what we are that we f00k up now and again, but its equally in our nature to reach out and build bridges. You would hope that the former is outweighed by the latter.

The original nonsense was on another board, unless I’m mistaken.

Not that everyone’s behaved impeccably here, but...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)