+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Let’s talk Stiles to Brentford.

Let’s talk Stiles to Brentford.

Of course Brentford and probably other clubs will be interested.
    BUT.
    Take it from me that these directors will not sell - unless of course that a bid is made that’s ridiculously high and too good to turn down.

Why should these owners sell any young player that they know is going to be more valuable in a season or two ?
    Hence young players being put on long contracts.
    Young players are not like new cars.
    They don’t depreciate in value as soon as you get them moving - if they are any good they increase in value.

As the team goes up the league the players become more valuable.
    Then when the right time comes, probably a year away from the end of their contract, then that’s the time to cash in on the player.
    Making a great profit for the directors - but importantly that players contribution while being at the club will have propelled the club forward.
    As they say ......... a WIN WIN.
    And basically - after listening to what the directors and CEO have had to say - that’s the club strategy.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 13-01-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Hypothetically speaking, if Styles is on say 3k a week here and Brentford were to offer him15k, then the lad is gonna leave. Same situation happened wi Pinnock. Despite Conway saying that the club had offered Pinnock a record deal, we simply couldn't match what Brentford were offering the guy and we sold them a bargain for 4million. I hope lightning dunt strike twice.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if Styles is on say 3k a week here and Brentford were to offer him15k, then the lad is gonna leave. Same situation happened wi Pinnock. Despite Conway saying that the club had offered Pinnock a record deal, we simply couldn't match what Brentford were offering the guy and we sold them a bargain for 4million. I hope lightning dunt strike twice.
    True.
    Except there is someone called a contract in place.
    So if Brentford offered £100,000 per week to Stiles - but offered Barnsley peanuts - then guess what.
    He ain’t going nowhere.

Mark my words! contracts mean nothing if they make a profit and someone offers him more money than us he will be off.
    They will of course retain an interest and will not want a disgruntled player in the club.

It's inevitable that Styles will leave the club in the none too distant future .

I'd suggest this window isn't the right time because I believe we will attain a better fee for him in the summer or even next years January window .

I've said previously on this subject , he's the goose that lays the golden eggs and anything less than £10m would be absolutely diabolical in my opinion .

I don't believe Brentford would pay £10m for him this window and I've resigned myself to losing Mowatt and with James already gone it could be a difficult second half of the season to lose the three of em , two I can just about live with , three is a step too far in my opinion .

The best way to handle this is to tell Brentford to come back in the summer and have at least £10m ready to offer and we will speak then .

Stick Styles in Mowatt's position for the second half of the season and Brentford may have competition for Styles signature which means the price goes up .

Absolutely no problem selling the lad on but the timing and the price has to be acceptable to ourselves .

If this lot sell him for £5m this window they want shooting , they want shooting anyway but that would clearly indicate they haven't a fecking clue on how to manage this model .

Andy Giddings

#Barnsleyfc VI says there has been no interest from Brentford in Callum Styles.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's inevitable that Styles will leave the club in the none too distant future .

I'd suggest this window isn't the right time because I believe we will attain a better fee for him in the summer or even next years January window .

I've said previously on this subject , he's the goose that lays the golden eggs and anything less than £10m would be absolutely diabolical in my opinion .

I don't believe Brentford would pay £10m for him this window and I've resigned myself to losing Mowatt and with James already gone it could be a difficult second half of the season to lose the three of em , two I can just about live with , three is a step too far in my opinion .

The best way to handle this is to tell Brentford to come back in the summer and have at least £10m ready to offer and we will speak then .

Stick Styles in Mowatt's position for the second half of the season and Brentford may have competition for Styles signature which means the price goes up .

Absolutely no problem selling the lad on but the timing and the price has to be acceptable to ourselves .

If this lot sell him for £5m this window they want shooting , they want shooting anyway but that would clearly indicate they haven't a fecking clue on how to manage this model .
    Agree, 10 mill minimum. I'd be looking for even more to be honest.

As you say, its inevitable that he'll leave. Sometimes certain players are just destined for the top level. Styles is one of them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    True.
    Except there is someone called a contract in place.
    So if Brentford offered £100,000 per week to Stiles - but offered Barnsley peanuts - then guess what.
    He ain’t going nowhere.
    In reality a contract is only a bargaining chip with the prospective buyer. If the player wants to leave and thinks Barnsley is standing in his way of perceived progression monetory or otherwise he will simply not perform anymore for his parent club doing nobody any good because he wont be playing much and as a result wont be worth as much to the parent club. We cant afford to bench a player for the hell of it either. So the power is with the player and agent. Contract just means there is a starting point in negotiations.

Be gutted if Styles went, as this happens to us everytime we are on the brink of something. James, Mowatt and Styles. Ultimately recruitment is what makes the manager weary, then the next thing is they are offskies as soon as another opportunity comes along.