+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover latest

It doesn't say who the other two parties are, not that it matters, Lai will take the best offer just as Jeremiah did.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It doesn't say who the other two parties are, not that it matters, Lai will take the best offer just as Jeremiah did.

The bald t wat must be laughing in every room of his lush Jersey mansion!

We have in Lai what many Baggies wished. The writing was on the wall and a few that did not have their heads in the clouds predicted what would happen when the club was sold. But of course those were the minority and were shouted down and gagged at every opportunity.

I do not wish Mr Lai to continue owning the club, whereas, I would have preferred his predecessor to have remained, because we are in a far worse place now than we were when Mr Peace’s popularity drove him from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    We have in Lai what many Baggies wished. The writing was on the wall and a few that did not have their heads in the clouds predicted what would happen when the club was sold. But of course those were the minority and were shouted down and gagged at every opportunity.

I do not wish Mr Lai to continue owning the club, whereas, I would have preferred his predecessor to have remained, because we are in a far worse place now than we were when Mr Peace’s popularity drove him from the club.

Could you amend the last sentence " popularity drove him from the club". He drove from the club with circa 200 million - took a huge wage, and most likely steel from the West Stand. He's now in your neck of the woods ( well close ) in his Jersey mansion having a laugh.

Pearce was clever fleecing the club whereas Lai is a knob!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Could you amend the last sentence " popularity drove him from the club". He drove from the club with circa 200 million - took a huge wage, and most likely steel from the West Stand. He's now in your neck of the woods ( well close ) in his Jersey mansion having a laugh.

Pearce was clever fleecing the club whereas Lai is a knob!
    It is a matter of opinion and I stand by my every word. Over a sustained period many fans wanted him out of the club and he obliged, doing what most businessmen do, sell profitably. So the fans got their wish but the hatred for the man continues. We were in the best place possible when was here but some wanted to chance their arm with an unknown and now the club reaps what was sown.

Finally, it is most unlikely JP will be laughing too much in his Jersey home. Jersey is riddled with Corona Virus on a similar scale as the UK as they followed the UK model when dealing with the virus. (albeit, there numbers presently are on the decline)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    It is a matter of opinion and I stand by my every word. Over a sustained period many fans wanted him out of the club and he obliged, doing what most businessmen do, sell profitably. So the fans got their wish but the hatred for the man continues. We were in the best place possible when was here but some wanted to chance their arm with an unknown and now the club reaps what was sown.

Finally, it is most unlikely JP will be laughing too much in his Jersey home. Jersey is riddled with Corona Virus on a similar scale as the UK as they followed the UK model when dealing with the virus. (albeit, there numbers presently are on the decline)

JP was a clever money man and like Lai he had no passion for the club but he did have passion for his shares growing and also collecting an obscene salary as well as shafting the 12% minority shareholders. Yes he went to the matches but that was more to do with the excitement of seeing his face investment grow. JP shafted us 18 months before he left the club - no investment - more outgoing than incomings and taking a huge salary in addition to the buy out. Unlike former players who come back and still follow the club, that won’t happen with JP as he was just in it for the money! Businessman some say but many wealthy businessman invest in a club and have the colour of the team in their blood too! I bet JP does not even bother to listen to our results now!

Yes Lai is worse as unlike JP he’s not around to check his shares and finances and knows f uck all about football. JP certainly fleeced this silly little t wat!!! West Brom was never worth 180 million and even now the club would be lucky to get 150 million and probably 120/130 when they get relegated.

So when it comes to the money - JP is the clever one out of the two! That said - both could not care and have never cared tuppence for the passion towards the club or it’s supporters. In fact JP looked at supporters as if they were a piece of s hit on the bottom of his shoes and that’s a fact!

Germany has the best model where supporters effectively own the club. The 12% minority shareholders at West Brom have been treated like s hit and their shares practically worthless! So f uck JP and f uck Lai even more!

Peace could buy it back and still have £100m in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Peace could buy it back and still have £100m in the bank.
    I just wonder how much Peace is worth now, bound to have reinvested somewhere. Don't know anyone who particularly liked him, but he turned the Albion into a club that others could look up to as a model, and we shouldn't really forget that should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    I just wonder how much Peace is worth now, bound to have reinvested somewhere. Don't know anyone who particularly liked him, but he turned the Albion into a club that others could look up to as a model, and we shouldn't really forget that should we?

Peace will be another Ashley - a greedy t wat so won’t be content with his 200 million and he will want to make more money until he goes into his wooden box. I don’t get people who are minted who don’t just want to enjoy what they have. Some families who don’t have a penny are far happier than many who are minted - how sad!

He turned West Brom into an over performing middle of the road championship club that’s all - his words!! Peace did not want to take the club further as it meant gambling and investing and he was happy to shaft the club whilst over performing in the championship with bargain basement buys! Fair play to him for making a load of money to line his own back pockets! Did he care passionately about the progress of the club or taking them from A to B, the West Brom supporters community, past West Brom heroes or Shareholders - did he f uck!! These things did not line his pockets!

Peace raped the club 18 months before he left - no investment - and without being content with 180 million plus - he took a huge salary then a retainer fee for consultancy!

I dislike Peace in many ways more than Lai! Operating within the law but as dodgy as f uck with his finances!

I will not get into a discussion about JP business sense or his honesty as one can make anything fit an agenda ias they see fit.

If you prefer Mr Lai to JP, then that is your prerogative and is I suggest a strong indication of the difference between our mindset.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)