+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover latest

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If our new owners were of any true standing and quality it would be out in the open by now.

I have no doubt we are about to fall into the hands of shysters and s h I t bags and that a couple of years from now we’ll be a basket case.

I feel in total despair at what’s happening to the club I have loved for almost half a century.

The memories are all that keep me clinging on, I don’t feel there’s a future I can watch and take part in.

I feel so f u c k I n g sad I’m actually close to tears as I write this.

Angry isn’t a strong enough word to describe my feelings.

This is all Peace’s fault, he could’ve still been a rich man by selling to the right sort of buyer like Fosun.
    My feelings exactly. If all this is true then why isn't it out there in the public domain. This is not the way to run any business let alone a football club of our tradition. We, as fans, deserve better than this. Let's hope that in Donald Trump's words it is all 'fake news'.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If our new owners were of any true standing and quality it would be out in the open by now.

I have no doubt we are about to fall into the hands of shysters and s h I t bags and that a couple of years from now we’ll be a basket case.

I feel in total despair at what’s happening to the club I have loved for almost half a century.

The memories are all that keep me clinging on, I don’t feel there’s a future I can watch and take part in.

I feel so f u c k I n g sad I’m actually close to tears as I write this.

Angry isn’t a strong enough word to describe my feelings.

This is all Peace’s fault, he could’ve still been a rich man by selling to the right sort of buyer like Fosun.
    I wonder if we will all get a pint and a new scarf?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    My feelings exactly. If all this is true then why isn't it out there in the public domain. This is not the way to run any business let alone a football club of our tradition. We, as fans, deserve better than this. Let's hope that in Donald Trump's words it is all 'fake news'.
    We never do our business in the open, you have been a Baggie long enough to know that.
    We will only know when/if it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I wonder if we will all get a pint and a new scarf?
    Actually, we didn’t even get a pint off Lai, it was a small bottle of p i s s water, it was horrible.

Got this article on Peace from a link on dot com.
    http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2...n-is-at-peace/

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Got this article on Peace from a link on dot com.
    http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2...n-is-at-peace/
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    There you go.

And yet some defend him! He was a thief who slowly but slowly took everything. Everything he did was for one thing only - to line his own pocket! The bald t wat could have even protected the 12,000 minority shareholders in the sell out but he never gave two s hits for supporters. Why would anyone want to buy those minority shares where they can do what they want with the club anyway!

Hated the man! 18 months before he left - he raped the club with zero investment and taking a huge salary in addition to the sale money and he even negotiated a consultancy retainer!

West Brom fans - former players went like dog s hit on JP'S shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    And yet some defend him! He was a thief who slowly but slowly took everything. Everything he did was for one thing only - to line his own pocket! The bald t wat could have even protected the 12,000 minority shareholders in the sell out but he never gave two s hits for supporters. Why would anyone want to buy those minority shares where they can do what they want with the club anyway!

Hated the man! 18 months before he left - he raped the club with zero investment and taking a huge salary in addition to the sale money and he even negotiated a consultancy retainer!

West Brom fans - former players went like dog s hit on JP'S shoes!
    Al, not every one sees things like you do it’s called having a view. The difference is you always take a swip at those that do not agree with your view. The cavalry has come to your aid again. To say JP raped the club 18 months before he left is a ridiculous statement. You, and yes you, along with many others were extremely vocal about Jeremy Peace. Your posts were nothing but venomous and ridiculously spiteful. You state much without providing any factual evidence, verification to support the many spurious claims you make.

Some do still think the club was in a better place when JP was owner than where it is now. Fact is it was in a much better place then than now.

Peace heard the calls for him to go, you and many others despised him as a business man. You wanted a new owner, you got one. Not the one you wanted perhaps. Well that is life, you don’t always get what you wish for.

We agree we need a new owner. I would rather have JP back than play a game of roulette with the club. Hopefully we get one that is good for the club. Time will tell but I am doubtful it will bring the success that many search for.

No offence is intended it is just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 15-01-2021 at 05:50 PM.

I don’t like any of them - Lai is a joke of an owner and Peace a venomous, callous businessman ready to do whatever needed to get his profits.

Many (most) businessmen do, so he is in good (or bad...) company there, but, there are other ways to go about business.

And, owners of football clubs should have another approach and incentive in my opinion, I may be naive, but owners like Peace and (not Love) Lai epitomise everything bad about modern football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Al, not every one sees things like you do it’s called having a view. The difference is you always take a swip at those that do not agree with your view. The cavalry has come to your aid again. To say JP raped the club 18 months before he left is a ridiculous statement. You, and yes you, along with many others were extremely vocal about Jeremy Peace. Your posts were nothing but venomous and ridiculously spiteful. You state much without providing any factual evidence, verification to support the many spurious claims you make.

Some do still think the club was in a better place when JP was owner than where it is now. Fact is it was in a much better place then than now.

Peace heard the calls for him to go, you and many others despised him as a business man. You wanted a new owner, you got one. Not the one you wanted perhaps. Well that is life, you don’t always get what you wish for.

We agree we need a new owner. I would rather have JP back than play a game of roulette with the club. Hopefully we get one that is good for the club. Time will tell but I am doubtful it will bring the success that many search for.

No offence is intended it is just my thoughts.

I have not taken a swipe at anyone as views are respected. You say Peace heard calls for him to go - do you honestly think a hard nosed callous person like him would care? He never cared for the fans which is fact and he could not give a toss about former heroes until the PR drums started banging loudly! Blood who is an excellent poster provided some interesting financial facts about this individual which a certain poster lied about in response.

JP got lucky with Ashworth - remember him? Recruitment of bargain basements then was mostly excellent ( some exceptions ) for what was paid, and this suited JP's pockets! Some would also say it's not Lai's fault that 36 million was wasted on Diangana and Grant who have proved nothing in the Premier. Even Chadli at 13 million was a proven player in the Premier League and we didn't really lose out on that investment. As much as I don't like Lai - not his fault either at dross brought in such as Sawyers, Zohore, Kipre, Austin, Ivanovic to name but a few on extremely high salaries and stupid contract terms. In fact if I was Lai after seeing this money go down the pan on two players - I would be reluctant to fund any further. Did JP spend 36 million on two players? Difference is Ashworth was incredibly talented where Dowling is a f uckin idiot!

You say it's a ridiculous statement to say JP raped the club 18 months before he left! Are you saying therefore he strengthened the squad pre-season to compete? Are you saying taking a huge salary when achieving an over the top fee for the club of circa 180 million was normal? Yes some businessmen would have done it but many would have been satisfied with a huge 180 million plus? Are you saying JP helped the minority shareholders in any contract as many of them will say they were sold down the river with shares now worthless! I am sure it was JP who negotiated the huge consultancy retainer too even when he left the club - more money!

So Lai or JP - neither of them thank you! JP was a clever money man who watched every penny as he was there whereby Lai is the fool as he's thousands of miles away - does not know what makes the business ticket - and he has left the business in the hands of fools!

Ask Dawn Astle what she thinks of JP? JP could hardly bring himself to do anything for past heroes or supporters - they were an irrelevance as his pockets were not lined.

Yes it was a solid club without debts under JP but we were an over performing championship club ( his words ) and player recruitment was good ( not because of JP ). I will credit JP though for having good recruitment staff and watching the pennies like a hawk even though he had one thing in mind!

Would not even surprise me if JP looked to buy us again - not until we are relegated for around 50% of what he was paid to then go through the cycle again!

Your thoughts are probably different - great! Even now though we are an over performing championship club ( what's changed ) apart from useless signings and wasted money. Is that all down to Lai as much as i hate him?

PS - if you were Lai knowing 36 million was given to Dowling to sanction the Diangana and Grant transfers ( unproven in the Premier League ) - would you give him another 36 million on player recruitment? What would you do apart from replace Dowling with someone like Ashworth?

PPS - one thing we can agree on with the greed of Peace - he must have been headbutting his Jersey mansion (even now ) on Berahino and Jonny Evans and the money lost on these two - or the money that could have been made/recouped had a little more thought gone into it!
    Last edited by baggieal; 15-01-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)