+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover latest

Chairmen of football clubs should be like children, seen but not heard. - Jeff Astle

Have I read some b ollux on here, but never heard anyone suggest that the c??? Peace was forced out.

No one drove him out, his chauffeur just drove him to coutts bank to deposit his £200m.

The worse thing that happened to us was let this "West Bromwich born West Brom fan through the door".

He built nothing, but stole evething.

For me this post highlights everything that is wrong with professional football in England, especially the Premier League.

Football shouldn’t be about Chairmen and Owners it should be about players, fans and the clubs. Owners and Chairmen do not go on the field with a shirt on but most fans seem to think they know as much about what goes on in the boardroom as they do about what goes on on the pitch.

I am not saying it isn’t important who are owner or chairman is but for me it is a very sad reflection on the game that many posts on a football theme not little interest but ownership, or rumours about it, get real heated arguments and comments, without many knowing anything about what is going on.

Not a reflection from me on anyone’s point of view on this thread because I haven’t got a clue what is happening but all I do know is that I cannot influence it or will know anything about it until it is all done and dusted. Even then I won’t have a clue about how good, bad or indifferent the new owners will be. Only hindsight will tell me that.

Does Li seem a good owner to me, no, but will the next one be any better? For me they are all in it for the money, not the club, and certainly not the fans. Either way I am not going to lose any sleep over it and will not be slag off fellow Baggies fans because they have different views than me on this subject, or indeed any West Brom subject.

Peace (no pun intended) and respect to all those who suffer along with me on all things relating to our great club.

A good point about good owners Yarm. Are there any?
    United fans hate the Glazer's while Ashley at Toon is as welcome as a dog turd at a picnic.
    Fosun did wonders for Wolves at first but there interest appears to be waning, they have already put 25% of their shares up for sale.
    I know it's sometimes a case of better the devil you know, but I can't think of anyone worse than Lai, not even Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    A good point about good owners Yarm. Are there any?
    United fans hate the Glazer's while Ashley at Toon is as welcome as a dog turd at a picnic.
    Fosun did wonders for Wolves at first but there interest appears to be waning, they have already put 25% of their shares up for sale.
    I know it's sometimes a case of better the devil you know, but I can't think of anyone worse than Lai, not even Peace.
    How is Lai worse than Peace?

One came in saying he was a lifelong west Bromwich born Albion fan who thought one scheme or another bought the shares of proper Albion fans.

He didn't develop the ground and described us a mid championship table club and then said he would only sell us to someone who took us forward.

In reality he sold us to a potless numpty, who took the bald c??? 's advise and employed 2 buffoons in Williams and goodman who took us down.

So tell me apart from being potless and a thick ****, what has Lai done that is worse than the c??? ?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    How is Lai worse than Peace?

One came in saying he was a lifelong west Bromwich born Albion fan who thought one scheme or another bought the shares of proper Albion fans.

He didn't develop the ground and described us a mid championship table club and then said he would only sell us to someone who took us forward.

In reality he sold us to a potless numpty, who took the bald c??? 's advise and employed 2 buffoons in Williams and goodman who took us down.

So tell me apart from being potless and a thick ****, what has Lai done that is worse than the c??? ?

I don’t like Lai but can’t remember the bald c unt sanctioning 36 million on two unproven players in the Premier! Chadli was proven and cost 13 million and the bald t wat nearly had a heart bypass agreeing to that deal! Almost all the investment was recouped but will our 36 million on two championship players?

Lai will take a huge hit on his investment whilst the bald t wat walked away with 180 million plus - still took a huge salary in addition before leaving - a huge consultancy retainer and stuck his middle finger up to the 12,000 shareholders!

Lai invested in old has beens like the bald **** - Austin - Ivanovic to name but two on huge wages but Lai didn’t recruit them!! Luckily for the bald t wat he had Ashworth who was talented but Lai has a useless c unt called Dowling!

Some great double acts on here ain’t there. Not as funny as Cannon & Ball but mildly amusing nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Some great double acts on here ain’t there. Not as funny as Cannon & Ball but mildly amusing nonetheless.

Hold on a minute!!! Have I been sarcastic about your views about Peace but then you make a comment about me and then a further uncalled comment about a great double act!

Your views are your views on your little island but numerous people hate Peace so get over it!!! I don’t object to perhaps many people who like him but have never had digs like you! Blood is one of our best posters and certainly knows his football so what he says about Peace will be through going to many matches and research.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hold on a minute!!! Have I been sarcastic about your views about Peace but then you make a comment about me and then a further uncalled comment about a great double act!

Your views are your views on your little island but numerous people hate Peace so get over it!!! I don’t object to perhaps many people who like him but have never had digs like you! Blood is one of our best posters and certainly knows his football so what he says about Peace will be through going to many matches and research.
    What makes you the arbiter of whether Blood is 'one of our best posters and certainly knows his football' Could it based primarily on the fact his opinions and yours are usually the same?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    What makes you the arbiter of whether Blood is 'one of our best posters and certainly knows his football' Could it based primarily on the fact his opinions and yours are usually the same?
    I’m of the same view as Al about BB.

I’m not quite so full of vengeance towards JP, I don’t fully agree with him on that but on footballing matters with Albion I find him to be spot on.

He rarely misses a match home or away and I find him to be spot on in observations.

Just a neutral view from the bleachers here 923.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)