+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bother WITH The Rother

3-0 to 0-3!! Come on rA how the tuck are that lot gonna get three goals? Yes, we have once but not everyone gives them away like Brum did. I'm quite happy with your 0-3, that's a good prediction!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    3-0 to 0-3!! Come on rA how the tuck are that lot gonna get three goals? Yes, we have once but not everyone gives them away like Brum did. I'm quite happy with your 0-3, that's a good prediction!
    Well how did we get 4 against Brum who beat Boro 1-0 yesterday? Its a puzzle, but at least we know that Kazim richards ain't the answer, not that he ever was.

I expected the appointment of Rooney I'm disappointed with it, but we shall see where we are at the end of the season, I'm not confident we can avoid the drop, though there IMO 9 teams in it, up to Millwall in 16th place. But picking 3 teams that are definitely worse than us isn't easy!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Sadly, you’re probably right, mac...but it’s only three weeks since we put four past Brum - I know they gifted us two but we wouldn’t have been flattered by five or six.
    Likewise the 2-0 defeat of high flying Swansea didn’t flatter us and, Preston apart, our December results were very good.
    Unfortunately we seem to have returned to the previous pattern of dismal January results although the wage fiasco and Covid haven’t helped.

A lot of posting "facts" but nobody has looked at "reasons". Part of the reason is Rotherham's game plan which they carried out very well. The other part is 10 days isolation. I didn't expect the level of poor passing from just about everybody but the absence of any sharpness was always going to be there.

They have just come out of 10 days of isolation. If they did it properly, not even in the same room as another person. They will have been given exercises to do by the club but stuck in a room has its limitations when it comes to exercising. There is a "rule of thumb" that it takes as long to get back to where you were as the epriod of inactivity was. They were 10 days out. Had 2 days of "proper" training. The days either side of a match day are "light" days. The day prior it's working on tactics specifically aimed at the opponent. The day after it's a short, light session for the startin XI and a normal stint for the rest. IMO, it will be QPR at the earliest, and possibly the Bristol City game, before the players have the same sharpness as they showed at Brum or in the Swansea or Sheff Wed games.

Tuesday's game will see Bournmouth chomping at the bit following what happened yesterday. Our "out of sorts" players will have a light session today, another light one tomorrow. They won't be much more "at it" than they were yesterday if they are still at the "rule of thumb" level.

That is what I expect coming up.

Worrying times indeed, takeover is needed asap for both financial help and clarity for eveyone!

Re the takeover it's been a week since the money had been sent to the lawyers, once it was with them the deal was complete it was said, so.........

I think it fell off the route on the way from Nigeria

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A lot of posting "facts" but nobody has looked at "reasons". Part of the reason is Rotherham's game plan which they carried out very well. The other part is 10 days isolation. I didn't expect the level of poor passing from just about everybody but the absence of any sharpness was always going to be there.

They have just come out of 10 days of isolation. If they did it properly, not even in the same room as another person. They will have been given exercises to do by the club but stuck in a room has its limitations when it comes to exercising. There is a "rule of thumb" that it takes as long to get back to where you were as the epriod of inactivity was. They were 10 days out. Had 2 days of "proper" training. The days either side of a match day are "light" days. The day prior it's working on tactics specifically aimed at the opponent. The day after it's a short, light session for the startin XI and a normal stint for the rest. IMO, it will be QPR at the earliest, and possibly the Bristol City game, before the players have the same sharpness as they showed at Brum or in the Swansea or Sheff Wed games.

Tuesday's game will see Bournmouth chomping at the bit following what happened yesterday. Our "out of sorts" players will have a light session today, another light one tomorrow. They won't be much more "at it" than they were yesterday if they are still at the "rule of thumb" level.

That is what I expect coming up.

An accurate assessment of what could be the reason, though whats worrying is that we have seen this play before!

Surely though by Bournemouth they will have picked up a bit?

I'm expecting 3-0 to the Cherries but knowing our inconsistency we will win.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    An accurate assessment of what could be the reason, though whats worrying is that we have seen this play before!

Surely though by Bournemouth they will have picked up a bit?

I'm expecting 3-0 to the Cherries but knowing our inconsistency we will win.
    Not by much though Swale..... although I hope I'm wrong. The starting XI will have a light session today. Tomorrow will be light for the whole squad trying routines for free kicks, both ours and theirs, and tactically looking to counter their strengths and take advantage of their weaknesses.

Overall fitness/readiness levels won't be greatly affected IMO. Another light session for the starters Wednesday, proper session Thursday and another light one focussing on the QPR game......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A lot of posting "facts" but nobody has looked at "reasons". Part of the reason is Rotherham's game plan which they carried out very well.
    I hear this a lot, 'they had a game plan' or 'they worked us out', the match commentator even said they knew that Bielik was the one they had to watch so how come we never seem to work teams out or go with a gameplan, we just rock up hoping they'll play worse than we will

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)