+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DCFC may be no more?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ironic that the king doom monger has been usurped by a bigger doomie :-)

I have now reached the point where my bigger concern is if it goes ahead. The prevarication over the deal just seem too great. Each positive announcement is followed by........ nothing. If we become Abu Dhabi, will we see similar lethargy in decision making and release of funds?

I know I've urged patience in the past and that deals don't happen overnight, but this is now dragging on too long.

Sad to say, we're ****ed if it goes through and possibly buggered if it does not
    Ah...and you were being so nice yesterday.

Difficult to imagine anything more ‘doomie’ than your final sentence. Suppose it depends on your taste.

Serious question...is there any likelihood that the dynamic duo - Brexit and Covid (not Gunt and TTR) - might have caused a delay in the transfer of such a huge amount?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Surely, if there is a delay in transfer and receipt of funds this would have been the subject of inter-communication between the two parties?? Under which circumstances Mel could easily reassure fans.
    Mind you, we are only lifelong fans so what's it got to do with us??!!

One can transfer funds in a matter of hours across continents, so the only thing holding up a payment would be getting the money together, but frankly the deals been "on the verge of completion" for so long that if the funds still haven't been made available when required then I smell a rather large rodent. But we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah...and you were being so nice yesterday.

Difficult to imagine anything more ‘doomie’ than your final sentence. Suppose it depends on your taste.

Serious question...is there any likelihood that the dynamic duo - Brexit and Covid (not Gunt and TTR) - might have caused a delay in the transfer of such a huge amount?
    I would have to say "unlikely". The international banking system has operated just fine during the previous 10 months of COVID lockdowns etc, after a couple of hiccoughs. It essentially is all automated with minimal need for human intervention. I suppose if all authorised signatories at the sender's end were struck down with covid and there was noone to initiate or authorise the transaction, that might make it tricky... (but not gunterry).

But actually in international trade terms, is it such a huge amount?

As for Brexit, well it probably will get blamed for it, but a transaction between a UK bank and a non EU bank (presumably as the holding company of Derventio is in Gibraltar) seems unlikely to be impacted

'I smell a large Rodent', mmm.......so it's Rats fault all along!! 😉

I would have to say "unlikely". The international banking system has operated just fine during the previous 10 months of COVID lockdowns etc, after a couple of hiccoughs. It essentially is all automated with minimal need for human intervention. I suppose if all authorised signatories at the sender's end were struck down with covid and there was noone to initiate or authorise the transaction, that might make it tricky... (but not gunterry).

But actually in international trade terms, is it such a huge amount?

As for Brexit, well it probably will get blamed for it, but a transaction between a UK bank and a non EU bank (presumably as the holding company of Derventio is in Gibraltar) seems unlikely to be impacted
    ‘Unlikely’...but not out of the question then.
    I know I’m probably clutching at straws but transferring God knows how many million dirham into Sterling and passing all the various ‘tests’ tax efficiently might take extra time.
    I know I transferred a mere four figure fee to Europe recently and it took about twice as long as anticipated.
    Any port in a storm!

As much as £ 25.47??

As much as £ 25.47??
    God no! Not that much.
    According to the DT there are no problems, they’ve been working night and day and there’s ‘a light at the end of the tunn....’

Now where have we heard that before?

God no! Not that much.
    According to the DT there are no problems, they’ve been working night and day and there’s ‘a light at the end of the tunn....’

Yes, I heard the same on S Pearce's Talksport interview earlier. "Just timing" is the excuse - well time is always with us, poor management is what I'd suggest.

God no! Not that much.

The DET reports the same crap day after day. I'm more ITK than they are and thats not at all!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)