+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DCFC may be no more?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The DET reports the same crap day after day. I'm more ITK than they are and thats not at all!
    At last something we agree on. Gerald Mortimer must be turning in his grave

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The DET reports the same crap day after day. I'm more ITK than they are and thats not at all!
    True.

More and more question marks being raised over the existence of financing for this pantomime of a takeover! Exactly what happened at Newcastle so how come nobody raised any queries on his credibility? Surely, Mel asked to see proof of funds or am I being too simplistic?

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    More and more question marks being raised over the existence of financing for this pantomime of a takeover! Exactly what happened at Newcastle so how come nobody raised any queries on his credibility? Surely, Mel asked to see proof of funds or am I being too simplistic?
    My thoughts exactly! I've not been involved in deals of this magnitude but it was always standard to check out the credentials of any party before entering into negotiations and then have proof of funds before commencing any paperwork.

We may all be fearing nothing but its looking very doubtful at the moment.

I mentioned months ago that the PL had found Sheikh Yamunny NOT a fit and proper person...... but decided not to say why. They didn't even tell Newcastle........

As I understand it the EFL cleared him as a Fit and Proper person but I may be wrong! If they did, does that indicate that there is no communication between the PL and the EFL in such matters?? This 'takeover' gets murkier every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I mentioned months ago that the PL had found Sheikh Yamunny NOT a fit and proper person...... but decided not to say why. They didn't even tell Newcastle........
    I can't find any evidence that the Premier League actually made a decision on that, there are plenty of reports that hint the deal might not have been approved by the PL, but it never got tot hat stage. Also plenty of rumour that there was pressure from various sources due to concern over the involvement of the Saudi state.

I don't think this is quite the same consortium or ownership group, some of the players are the same, but these things are so convoluted that its not easy to establish who is who.

Now we are talking circa £60 million rather than £300 million here, so one would ahve thought it easier to get over the line but apparently not.

As I understand it the EFL cleared him as a Fit and Proper person but I may be wrong! If they did, does that indicate that there is no communication between the PL and the EFL in such matters?? This 'takeover' gets murkier every minute!
    They did, in November.

Paving the way for negotiations to start but not getting anywhere while there is an efl appeal hanging over us and the longer that takes the better for the efl, players not wanting to come, missing the January window, getting relegated, it's all the efls grand plan to get one over dcfc

Not that you're paranoid or anything!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)