+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DCFC may be no more?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Not that you're paranoid or anything!
    ... of course not. The raft of crap refs, the delay in the appeal for.... what reason? I mean not only why the dealy but also why the appeal. They didn't like the verdict but I've seen nowhere what it is about the verdict that they think they can overthrow it..... Probably nothing more than they don't agree but not able to specify why.......

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Could go either way, OTR. Likewise, as someone who welcomed Mel Morris five (?) and a half years ago, despite the misgivings of those such as Ramondo and Ella (what great posters they were) and possibly yourself...I’ll (unhappily) hold my hands up if you’re proved right.
    I haven't been on here for years and then when I do, I've got a mention! Nice.

I was sceptical of Morris but only because I'm wary of change for changes sake, I was never a huge fan of the Americans but I liked the idea of being sustainable. Once you bring a wealthy fan into it, common sense can go out of the window.

However, if I was wary of Morris then I'm bloody terrified of the 'proposed' new owner. If it were to ever happen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo View Post
    I haven't been on here for years and then when I do, I've got a mention! Nice.

I was sceptical of Morris but only because I'm wary of change for changes sake, I was never a huge fan of the Americans but I liked the idea of being sustainable. Once you bring a wealthy fan into it, common sense can go out of the window.

However, if I was wary of Morris then I'm bloody terrified of the 'proposed' new owner. If it were to ever happen of course.
    I think your right to be very wary, lets face it Derby's track record with some owners hasn't been good!

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think your right to be very wary, lets face it Derby's track record with some owners hasn't been good!
    Rarely do you find the perfect owner.
    Go right back to the days of Sam Longson, we've had Maxwell, Pickering, Gadsby, Webb, the 3 Amigos, GSE and Morris. None have ended well, which is probably why they ended. I may have missed a couple.

But what worries about Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is a) nobody seems to know his worth or even any kind of ball park figure, b) we have never heard any kind of comment from him, its as if he doesn't really exist (not suggesting he doesn't), c) WTF is the hold up, and finally d) assuming he has the funds and assuming he is genuine and assuming this will happen - do I trust him to run the club given how the takeover has been handled and given his existing reputation after failed attempts at Liverpool and Newcastle.

I don't want the guy anywhere near the club.

I'm not a fan of Morris, but even he is better than the alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I don't want the guy anywhere near the club.

I'm not a fan of Morris, but even he is better than the alternative
    Blimey...on this day in history...OTR admits...there may be worse than Mel Morris.

Wonder who’s paid the wages which are said to be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully, unlike the Sheikh’s cash, they’re not being delivered by Wells Fargo.

The trouble with Morris is that there may be some issue with his cash flow as a result of no matchday revenue since March, or he's refusing to fund a shortfall because he suspects the new owners are deliberately holding back transfer of ownership because of that lack of revenue which is now expected to last longer than it may have been thought when they originally bid. No idea really. But if Morris is struggling with cash flow then we'll need some new investment from somewhere and pretty quick.

I think Morris has made mistakes but like I said, we've never had owners that haven't. On the plus side, I do believe he does have the best interests of the club at heart

The trouble with Morris is that there may be some issue with his cash flow as a result of no matchday revenue since March, or he's refusing to fund a shortfall because he suspects the new owners are deliberately holding back transfer of ownership because of that lack of revenue which is now expected to last longer than it may have been thought when they originally bid. No idea really. But if Morris is struggling with cash flow then we'll need some new investment from somewhere and pretty quick.

I think Morris has made mistakes but like I said, we've never had owners that haven't. On the plus side, I do believe he does have the best interests of the club at heart
    Completely agree, Ramondo.
    Stick around...your forum needs you.

Wouldn't disagree with that, I mean who would be a football club owner? It burns through your cash, the fans always want more, they can always do things better, they are only happy when everything is rosy and you will get slagged off more than praised even if you win something, unless you do it every season the flak will come deserved or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)