+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DCFC may be no more?

DCFC may be no more?

Thank you so much Mr Morris for dropping us in the ****e

Whatever happens next, even if some sort of takeover happens instead of Administration, Morris ain't going to come up smelling of roses

I put him in the same league as Maxwell and the Three Amigos.

Personally I will wait a little longer before throwing any sh*t in Mel Morris' direction.

He has invested a lot of his own personal wealth into Derby County in an effort to make us a big club. He has openly said for 18 months or more that he needed help financially but has been patient enough to try and find the "right" buyer to preserve the club that he supports and take it forward. He has had to prop the club up through almost 12 months of little or no income from supporters and when we finally see some light at the end of the tunnel it could well just be an idiot with a big torch rather than daylight.

According to reports this morning the players were told that the club cannot pay their wages until the takeover is completed which is still expected this week so nothing has changed.

I don't believe that Mel Morris has done anything for the club with less than his best intentions but he has made mistakes and has had some ridiculously bad luck. My fingers are crossed that we will look back on this deal and say "this was worth waiting for, thank you Mel for not just throwing us to the first wolf who opened his wallet". Time will tell.

I agree OTR, the "astute businessman" is an utter failure. All that hard work we did under the American's to stabilise has been undone, and them some!

Not for the first time this week I entirely agree with MA...but time is running out and a lot has got to happen by the end of tomorrow or the doom mongers will be proved right.

I hope I am not proven right, as a doom monger, but I fear the worst now

I'll happily hold my hands up if this ends up positively

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I hope I am not proven right, as a doom monger, but I fear the worst now

I'll happily hold my hands up if this ends up positively
    Could go either way, OTR. Likewise, as someone who welcomed Mel Morris five (?) and a half years ago, despite the misgivings of those such as Ramondo and Ella (what great posters they were) and possibly yourself...I’ll (unhappily) hold my hands up if you’re proved right.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not for the first time this week I entirely agree with MA...but time is running out and a lot has got to happen by the end of tomorrow or the doom mongers will be proved right.
    Ironic that the king doom monger has been usurped by a bigger doomie :-)

I have now reached the point where my bigger concern is if it goes ahead. The prevarication over the deal just seem too great. Each positive announcement is followed by........ nothing. If we become Abu Dhabi, will we see similar lethargy in decision making and release of funds?

I know I've urged patience in the past and that deals don't happen overnight, but this is now dragging on too long.

Sad to say, we're ****ed if it goes through and possibly buggered if it does not

I am certainly wondering whether Mel has been conned here, by individuals who have no intention of completing this deal, I hope I'm wrong but it does not look good.

New owners are always a risk, yes we were basically stable under the American owners, but were we going anywhere? Under Mel Morris, we have had hope, ultimately unfulfilled.

I have a client who has been promised funds from Arabic sources for a business venture for a little over a year now. I have repeatedly suggested that its an advanced version of a Nigerian section 419 fraud, but he insists he hasnt paid the £ 10,000 administration fee that is the whole point of the scam. I'm wondering if MM has paid his £ 10k and is now trying to work out why no funds are forthcoming?

I suspect he has paid a lot more than £10k in consultants fees!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)