+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nightingale hospitals

Nightingale hospitals

I thought that the idea of these were for the overspill of Covid victim's? But so far they have stood empty, at least the Birmingham one has.
    West Midlands mayor, Andy Street has said that it would stretch the NHS staff even more if they opened them.
    My query is, wouldn't it be better if the staff treating Covid victim's and the patients themselves were moved into the Nightingales and keep Covid sufferers away from the general hospitals?
    If as said we haven't the staff to man them, it's a sad reflection of our NHS has been underfunded for years and why this country has the worst Covid cases in Europe.
    What will these buildings be used for when this is over? I was impressed with the speed they were put up but to leave them empty makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I thought that the idea of these were for the overspill of Covid victim's? But so far they have stood empty, at least the Birmingham one has.
    West Midlands mayor, Andy Street has said that it would stretch the NHS staff even more if they opened them.
    My query is, wouldn't it be better if the staff treating Covid victim's and the patients themselves were moved into the Nightingales and keep Covid sufferers away from the general hospitals?
    If as said we haven't the staff to man them, it's a sad reflection of our NHS has been underfunded for years and why this country has the worst Covid cases in Europe.
    What will these buildings be used for when this is over? I was impressed with the speed they were put up but to leave them empty makes no sense.

Apart from the London one - I think none of them are being used as staffing seems to be the issue! Shocking and the amount of cases in this country tells you something in terms of the way the government is handling it!

Lock down? What lock down? At least Sturgeon seems to be taking it more seriously!

Brazilian Variant? Incoming flights might be stopped from Brazil by the end of the week as the government says it takes time. It took no time when other countries banned UK travelers - it was immediate!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Apart from the London one - I think none of them are being used as staffing seems to be the issue! Shocking and the amount of cases in this country tells you something in terms of the way the government is handling it!

Lock down? What lock down? At least Sturgeon seems to be taking it more seriously!

Brazilian Variant? Incoming flights might be stopped from Brazil by the end of the week as the government says it takes time. It took no time when other countries banned UK travelers - it was immediate!
    We are still Lions led by Donkeys aren't we Al?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We are still Lions led by Donkeys aren't we Al?

Good summing up there Des!

Talking of which - the donkeys are getting nourished for Dinglehampton too!

Nightingale Hospitals are step-down hospitals. So basically they will treat those who have had COVID, are no longer contagious or require intensive care but they need ongoing support. For example, they are kitted out with speech and language therapists and other hospital professionals as well as nurses and doctors; this is because some staff have to learn regain speech following prolonged periods of not being able to whilst on a ventilator. The idea is to keep more capacity within hospitals for the intensive care patients, kitted out specifically to look after the most vulnerable. The difficulty is, hospitals around the area don't wan't to give up staff for step down care, when they are struggling to cope with those who are dying and others in dyer need of care.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)