+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - West Bromwich Albion - Black Country Derby

Prediction League - West Bromwich Albion - Black Country Derby

It's truly a shame that our first meeting in 9 long years is not going to be played in front of a full house at Molineux. In the overall series in league play, WBA have 54 wins, Wolves have 52 and there have been 40 draws. In all competitions, they hold an 11 win edge on us. However, no mistaking what club has been better overall recently.

WBA are a bad team this year. They have only scored 11 goals in league play this year, with only Sheffield United and Burnley scoring less. They have conceded 39 goals, which is the most in the league by 6 goals. They hired Sam Allardyce recently and after a positive start in a 1-1 draw with Liverpool, they've looked abysmal since with a 0-5 loss to Leeds and a 0-4 loss to Arsenal, followed by a loss in PKs to League One Blackpool in the FA Cup.

Now as they say when it comes to rivalries, throw the record books out. Big Sam will surely known the history of this rivalry having grown up in the West Midlands. At one point, I think many would have been happy with him as our manager. My only worry is that we are so injured at this moment and maybe Big Sam gets his players motivated. They're desperate for wins as they're in the relegation zone and have only beaten bottom of the table Sheffield United and six points from safety. We have been poor lately, but part of the problem is we are always conceding first. We don't have the attacking prowess right now to go behind and win the match. But hopeful for this match!

Wolves 2-1 WBA

Neto

1) WOODLANDSWOLF - 13.2
    2) abbobrom - 11.4
    3) MichiganWolf - 11.3
    4) nortonwolf - 9.2
    5) wolfiebill - 8.4
    6) plater - 6.3
    7) GrizzledWolf - 5.5
    8) Woking88 - 5.3

Wolves 2-0 Albion (Neto)

Wolves 2 WBA 0

Neves

Great lead-in Mich. Well done!
    Last edited by Woking88; 15-01-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Mich as Wokes states a good build up.

This game has a 0-0 draw written all over it. We must not let them get a goal early, or it will become an attack against defence game.

I really want us to win this 5-0 it would be great but I will settle for...

Wolves 2 West Brom 0

Neto.

Yes, Mich great write up. As a corollary to what you have stated; We have only scored 19 goals this season; 7 of which have been scored by players who are currently injured. Only one scored by a player, who is described as a Forward (Silva) and that was a penalty - not a great advert for a high scoring game. However...

Wolves 2-1 WBA

Silva (I figure he's got to score sometime) and on the face of it this is the easiest opposition (shipping nearly 2.3 goals / game)
    Last edited by Wolfiebill; 15-01-2021 at 04:20 PM. Reason: missed out key phrase

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Mich as Wokes states a good build up.

This game has a 0-0 draw written all over it. We must not let them get a goal early, or it will become an attack against defence game.

I really want us to win this 5-0 it would be great but I will settle for...

Wolves 2 West Brom 0

Neto.
    I agree mate, 0-0 all over it, in fact I agree so much I am going to put my money on it.

Turgid goalless draw it is then, 0-0, no bugger!

Wolves 3 - Albion 1

(Cutrone)

Wolves 2 Albion 0 Cutrone

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)