+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    My thoughts exactly, to quote from the article:-

"He's definitely part of my plans," said manager Paul Warne who said the switch to a 3-5-2 system involving wing-backs rather than wingers had curtailed the player's opportunities.

So will Ogbene have his chances curtailed when the returns from injury?
    Once you find out what he is talking about please let me know because I just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Once you find out what he is talking about please let me know because I just dont get it.
    It’s sort of inconsistent isn’t it?

It's ferkin mind blowing is what it is.

What PW says and what he does are different.
    I would imagine that the comments about not fitting our current system is a polite way of saying the player isn't quite good enough yet for this level but will come back a better player. Ihiekwe did this

With regard to Oggy,s future appearances, PW could decide to play with just one winger which he's done before

Also we don't know who the replacements are yet for these players who are departing. They might be better

I know you and Big Lad want to create any inconsistency to stick more knives into Warne.

Surely, it all hinges on the conversation they had when they agreed the loan - not how you spin the meaning of a short quote. Warne has to see beyond next week and consider the longer term development of players.

This is from the Northampton Chronical - quote 'But despite his limited game-time, Warne still sees Miller as a big part of his plans moving forward and hopes a temporary switch to the Cobblers will be beneficial for all parties.'

Warne "He can come back next season and make an impact here."

Pretty reasonable stuff to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    What PW says and what he does are different.
    I would imagine that the comments about not fitting our current system is a polite way of saying the player isn't quite good enough yet for this level but will come back a better player. Ihiekwe did this

With regard to Oggy,s future appearances, PW could decide to play with just one winger which he's done before

Also we don't know who the replacements are yet for these players who are departing. They might be better
    I agree with the first sentence, think we all maybe have done same in certain situations has other managers will have.
    I believe that Miller just doesn’t fit in with the current formation in Warney’s eyes, I’m sure he can come back a better player but still no guarantee we’ll play him depending again on formation and pecking order.

Well let’s hope if we are getting replacements that they are better or what’s the point.

More than likely a few loan players but I’m not seeing anything any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I know you and Big Lad want to create any inconsistency to stick more knives into Warne.

Surely, it all hinges on the conversation they had when they agreed the loan - not how you spin the meaning of a short quote. Warne has to see beyond next week and consider the longer term development of players.

This is from the Northampton Chronical - quote 'But despite his limited game-time, Warne still sees Miller as a big part of his plans moving forward and hopes a temporary switch to the Cobblers will be beneficial for all parties.'

Well let's see if he changes away from the wingback system to accommodate Ogbene.

Then he'll be consistently inconsistent

I think Warney is going 3 5 2 now assuming he gets the relevant players in in the transfer window.That may suggest there isnt a place for out and out wingers. So where does that leave Ogbene?

Did warney get all those wingers in the summer and wish he chuffin hadnt now?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

Oh I see. So letting the lad know he is not good enough for this level is a personal slight on the lad then?
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 15-01-2021 at 11:56 AM.

I posted the other day that Miller would be ideal to feed Smith & Lapado with the ammo they need to score goals, that idea gone out of the window.
    What gets me is the need for a left back, to which is our main defensive let down, has i posted before there's a player at Wednesday's who could fill the void, the player out of contract in the summer.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast