+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

I hope Miller does well at Northampton and comes back a better player because, in my opinion he's not Championship standard at the moment.
    Does anyone know if he's right footed? I ask this because he nearly always flies down the left wing then cuts inside and passes to an opponent. If he is right footed I wonder why he hasn't been.played on the right wing because he would surely have been more effective there than Flojo has been.
    It's amusing to read comments from Northampton fans who are generally pleased with the signing of Miller but quite a few have said that Curle's hoofball tactics will ruin him. Hmmm 🙂

It will be interesting if Curle uses Miller down the middle as a striker.

I was under the impression he's left footed and it always baffled me when he kept cutting inside on to his right when he seemed to have the pace to go on the outside. Maybe he was just following instructions? Who knows?

He's left footed according to this anyway https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mick...spieler/563694

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I hope Miller does well at Northampton and comes back a better player because, in my opinion he's not Championship standard at the moment.
    Does anyone know if he's right footed? I ask this because he nearly always flies down the left wing then cuts inside and passes to an opponent. If he is right footed I wonder why he hasn't been.played on the right wing because he would surely have been more effective there than Flojo has been.
    It's amusing to read comments from Northampton fans who are generally pleased with the signing of Miller but quite a few have said that Curle's hoofball tactics will ruin him. Hmmm 🙂
    I’m certain he’s left footed.
    Yes I saw some comments which were quite entertaining 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I was under the impression he's left footed and it always baffled me when he kept cutting inside on to his right when he seemed to have the pace to go on the outside. Maybe he was just following instructions? Who knows?

He's left footed according to this anyway https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mick...spieler/563694
    That really is strange then.
    He would certainly be a lot more effective if he used his pace and whipped crosses in from the byline, always assuming he can do that.
    I did wonder, like MillerBill, if Northampton might play him as a number 10 because that's supposed to be one of his abilities and his pace will be a real asset if it comes off.
    Perhaps we should have tried him there.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That really is strange then.
    He would certainly be a lot more effective if he used his pace and whipped crosses in from the byline, always assuming he can do that.
    I did wonder, like MillerBill, if Northampton might play him as a number 10 because that's supposed to be one of his abilities and his pace will be a real asset if it comes off.
    Perhaps we should have tried him there.
    I think Northampton have picked up a good player.

I'm failing to see what all the fuss is all about letting him go out on loan. Good business for both player and club. He's a lot to learn to reach Championship standard and besides because he wasn't getting any game time he asked to go out on loan as opposed to being forced / cajoled into going out.
    No doubt we will be checking his form and getting feedback from Northampton Town. Good luck to him for the rest of the season.

Yes he might develop into a better player

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    He's a lot to learn to reach Championship standard
    And you know this how? Have you seen him play 5 or 6 games streight and a full 90 mins in each of them?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    And you know this how? Have you seen him play 5 or 6 games streight and a full 90 mins in each of them?
    He's come from non-league to Scottish football and then into the Championship. What did people expect of him, that he would tear up the Championship.
    My opinion only, game time in league one and he could well come back a much better more experienced player. Only regret I have is he wasn't tried down the middle alongside.
    Time will tell if he's Championship standard after his loan deal. I wish him luck down there.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast