+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Hes already been on the manager merry go round (13 of them in fewer years) and want stability to cintrol cost.

Wanchai, who's the 13??? i can only count 8 or 9......
    I think he included the 4/5 caretakers in his count so it wasn't 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Fair enough big lad I don't recall him saying that but I'll take your word for it.

I suppose someone would then have to form their own opinion as to whether an £11m budget is deemed to be competitive in the cship.
    I don't think it is so at the time I would have assumed we would again be a bottom four team regardless of what TS said
    It was the season that Huds went up and we were last. Huds had a £12,000,000 budget.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    It was the season that Huds went up and we were last. Huds had a £12,000,000 budget.
    Fair enough.
    I was wrong and Tony was right, it was a competitive budget.

So what is it about a competitive £11m budget that you don't like

I cant gaurantee these figures from Planet Football are correct. 2016/17 season.

Huddersfield wages £21.7m - finished 6th promoted.
    Rotherham £8.7m - relegated

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...-championship/

This season Huddersfield still got £42m parachute payment from PL.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I cant gaurantee these figures from Planet Football are correct. 2016/17 season.

Huddersfield wages £21.7m - finished 6th promoted.
    Rotherham £8.7m - relegated

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...-championship/
    I think some may be confusing income with playing budget. At the time I think our total income was about 11 & Hudds about 12. Clearly they overspent on wages, but on that occasion their gamble paid off. I think that's too risky a strategy for TS, and rightly so.

Name:  ru1.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  ru2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  87.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by howdydoo; 17-01-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Huddersfield turnover that year was £15m with a loss of (£17m).

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    This season Huddersfield still got £42m parachute payment from PL.
    How sobering is that fact. Not to mention how utterly unjust. Non football people must find the prospect of parachute payments utterly bizarre.

What adds insult to injury to me (and probably to all my fellow Millers) is the fact that we are one of the few clubs in this division who insist on a relegation clause in player contracts. I once listened to an interview with Paul Douglas where he stated that we had literally lost out on signings because another club offered the same wage but no relegation clause.

Are we overly prudent? Are the other clubs not prudent enough? I'd argue the latter, but by heck it can be frustrating as a supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    How sobering is that fact. Not to mention how utterly unjust. Non football people must find the prospect of parachute payments utterly bizarre.

What adds insult to injury to me (and probably to all my fellow Millers) is the fact that we are one of the few clubs in this division who insist on a relegation clause in player contracts. I once listened to an interview with Paul Douglas where he stated that we had literally lost out on signings because another club offered the same wage but no relegation clause.

Are we overly prudent? Are the other clubs not prudent enough? I'd argue the latter, but by heck it can be frustrating as a supporter.
    You only have to look at the general state of football finances in general. Other clubs have just gone gung ho and it's a mess.

There's no boom and bust approach from Tony Stewart. Even taking into account our comparatively low playing budget, the club 'lost' money in 2016 and 2017 (to June)

It's a well run club and all its employees do a lot better than an average job.

It's shame a few ill informed people have a different view. Particularly taking our recent history into account.

It is frustrating and criticism if fine but FFS can some people on here start getting some facts right for a change before they spout off.

You know who you are

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast