+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Sometimes I think he does not really understand what he is trying to say
    He's getting very close to giving away who he really is.

Not so long ago Brin and many others were lauding Stewart as the role model for how EFL clubs should be run.

I am saying he should not build up suporters expectations and the let them down. Better to say nothing.
    Fair point. Whats he said that you dont like?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Fair point. Whats he said that you dont like?
    Lessons have been learned for one. Talk of the aim to get to the Prem for another. Competative budget is yet another one. And so on.

Lessons have been learned for one. Talk of the aim to get to the Prem for another. Competative budget is yet another one. And so on.
    Lots of lessons have been learnt such as...
    Don't pay players daft sums of money. We know who those players were and there were a few
    Don't sign lots of players in the transfer window
    Don't expand the stadium because we've reached our limit on fanbase
    Loads more.....

Tony said the ambition was to get to the Prem. Nothing wrong with being ambitious. At no time did he promise he would get us to the Prem

We have an extremely competitive budget for div one. At no time did he say we were competitive in the cship.

2016/17 we had a budget of £11,000,000 and he did say it was not a top budget but it was a commpetative budget at the time. The last two times we have been a lot less than that. I think this year is around the £7,000,000 mark so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Not so long ago Brin and many others were lauding Stewart as the role model for how EFL clubs should be run.
    ......and nothing wrong with that but, here we are again in 'January' and no sign of anyone coming in, only going out, it's the same old story. Let's not panic though as we have several key players due to return who 'hopefully' stay match fit to the season end.

That is all I'm afraid we'll see but, these returning players will be chomping at the bit to prove their worth and the reason why we signed them. The big question to be asked, is Warne pinning all his hopes and dreams of retaining Championship status on these returning players? If so, what if they flop and we go down, who is the vitriol to be aimed at, Warne for not recruiting or Stewart for not providing the funds to recruit?

Whatever the outcome, I'm just grateful we have a club to support and a Chairman that keeps us going.

Remember TS saying that failing to recruit in the Jan Window last time in the Championship cost us, and suggested that it wouldn't happen again........not until it gets to January that is......

Time will tell...............tic tok tic tok....

2016/17 we had a budget of £11,000,000 and he did say it was not a top budget but it was a commpetative budget at the time. The last two times we have been a lot less than that. I think this year is around the £7,000,000 mark so far.
    Fair enough big lad I don't recall him saying that but I'll take your word for it.

I suppose someone would then have to form their own opinion as to whether an £11m budget is deemed to be competitive in the cship.
    I don't think it is so at the time I would have assumed we would again be a bottom four team regardless of what TS said

Hes already been on the manager merry go round (13 of them in fewer years) and want stability to cintrol cost.

Wanchai, who's the 13??? i can only count 8 or 9......

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast