+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Robins Thomber Moore Liddel Scott Patterson Evans Black Redfearn Warnock Stubbs Jacket Warne
    4 caretakers so really 9 of which 2 walked out, one was temporary and one is still here. Five managers 'fired'.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    4 caretakers so really 9 of which 2 walked out, one was temporary and one is still here. Five managers 'fired'.
    Yes I know that. Read my original post. It seems to have mived 3 steps away from its original intention.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes I know that. Read my original post. It seems to have mived 3 steps away from its original intention.
    I wasn't questioning your intention that TS is more than likely wary of the costs and implications of being on a managerial merry-go-round. Just that saying more managers than years in charge is a bit misleading when you consider 4 caretakers with only 69 days in management between them. RUFC's first 10 managers did so for 48 years, the next 10 for 23 years, the last 10 for 15 years so far.

One interesting fact is PW has just passed SE in number of games in charge and is now TS's longest tenured manager and is our 7th longest of all time after Reg Freeman, Ronnie Moore, Jimmy McGuigan, Andy Smailes, Jim McAnearney and Phil Henson (who he will pass if he sees out this season).

"we are one of the few clubs in this division who insist on a relegation clause in player contracts"

is that a fact Grumps, and how do you know?

I'd be surprised if it was the case

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    "we are one of the few clubs in this division who insist on a relegation clause in player contracts"

is that a fact Grumps, and how do you know?

I'd be surprised if it was the case
    It came from a Q&A session with Paul Douglas (think it was the Nostalgia meeting or some such thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    It came from a Q&A session with Paul Douglas (think it was the Nostalgia meeting or some such thing).
    Paul Douglas has said on a couple of occasions that clauses are written into our players' contracts to reduce wages in the event of relegation.
    It's good, sensible financial management and the football authorities may well be advised to considee making such a rule applicable to all clubs under their auspices.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Paul Douglas has said on a couple of occasions that clauses are written into our players' contracts to reduce wages in the event of relegation.
    It's good, sensible financial management and the football authorities may well be advised to considee making such a rule applicable to all clubs under their auspices.
    It’s a blunt tool though to try to reduce costs that way.

Players agents will just set the bar higher in the “ good” period so it drops to something acceptable after relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s a blunt tool though to try to reduce costs that way.

Players agents will just set the bar higher in the “ good” period so it drops to something acceptable after relegation.
    Not sure how else teams will manage it with the new salary caps. Unless it goes the same way as the NFL here with so many players on short term contracts that it's not uncommon for 45 out of a 53 man squad to become free agents at the end of every season. Induces the feeling that you no longer support a team but a bunch of journeymen moving where the brown envelope is the fattest.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure how else teams will manage it with the new salary caps. Unless it goes the same way as the NFL here with so many players on short term contracts that it's not uncommon for 45 out of a 53 man squad to become free agents at the end of every season. Induces the feeling that you no longer support a team but a bunch of journeymen moving where the brown envelope is the fattest.
    I stand to be corrected Cam but I think the players contracts relegated from the championship are exempt from the league 1 caps. Giving relegated clubs a huge advantage over the rest in a similar way to how parachute payments do from the PL to the championship.

There is some levelling out surrounding relegated clubs and divisional average in L1 & L2. I bit of light reading!
    [url]https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/squad-salary-caps-introduced-in-league-one-and-league-two/[

https://offthepitch.com/a/implementing-salary-championship-data-shows-wages-have-little-meaning-league-placement
    Last edited by pip_y; 18-01-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast