+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller leaves on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    What did people expect of him.
    I did not expect anything from him I would just like the players we sign to get a run of games in the team before we send them out untried.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I know you and Big Lad want to create any inconsistency to stick more knives into Warne.

Surely, it all hinges on the conversation they had when they agreed the loan - not how you spin the meaning of a short quote. Warne has to see beyond next week and consider the longer term development of players.

This is from the Northampton Chronical - quote 'But despite his limited game-time, Warne still sees Miller as a big part of his plans moving forward and hopes a temporary switch to the Cobblers will be beneficial for all parties.'

Warne "He can come back next season and make an impact here."

Pretty reasonable stuff to me.
    Reasonable in the fact that Miller will fit in perfect next year when we are in League 1. Got to feel for Warne though where TS thinks Warne can turn water into wine and the plain facts are TS has told Warne to ship out before he can bring anyone in. As for the 'January' transfer budget....dream on Millers fans we know it isn't there.

What I don't get is how TS thinks League 1 at 1.4 million is better than Championship at 7.4 Million?????

Got to agree with that ,Brin. Not much business sense there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Reasonable in the fact that Miller will fit in perfect next year when we are in League 1. Got to feel for Warne though where TS thinks Warne can turn water into wine and the plain facts are TS has told Warne to ship out before he can bring anyone in. As for the 'January' transfer budget....dream on Millers fans we know it isn't there.

What I don't get is how TS thinks League 1 at 1.4 million is better than Championship at 7.4 Million?????
    Salary cap of £2.5million in league one and a cap of £18m in the Championship might give you some clue Brin

Perpetually struggling in the Championship compared to more happy days in league 1 also needs to be considered

Football is a form of entertainment (or so they say)

As for the 'January' transfer budget....dream on Millers fans we know it isn't there.

How much in the red do you think we will be in come the end of the season Brin?

League 1 is our comfort zone and unfortunately having one of the three lowest budgets in the Championship is always going to be an uphill task of surviving.
    There's some decent players in that squad, probably 2 or 3 short of survival.
    A lot of Commercial businesses and sponsors have stuck by the club this season unfortunately the
    fan base is basicly way too low for the Championship.

How do you know TS thinks that?
    What should he do? Throw money the club hasn't got in the hope of staying in the Championship? And if that fails, what then? What sort of a club would we have left?
    Far too many clubs with much bigger fan bases than us have gambled and lost and are still counting the cost.
    I don't think TS will go down that road because in reality we are a League 1 club that occasionally flirts with the Championship and that's not likely to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Got to agree with that ,Brin. Not much business sense there.
    Presumably his lack of business sense explains why TS is a multi-millionaire 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Presumably his lack of business sense explains why TS is a multi-millionaire ��
    Maybe we are wrong in assuming TS makes all of the decisions.

Perhaps all business strategies and decisions are done "by committee"

Great start for Miller, match is off

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast