+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: False Dawns

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Modus operandi.

No business as usual.

The shopping trolley is greased, waxed and put back into storage...

Attachment 18072
    Keep it handy BT, could yet be the old trolley dash on the 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think it’s more likely down to Sean than them,
    But what's he waiting for army, I can understand owners not wanting to get players in early, but why would a manager wait ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But what's he waiting for army, I can understand owners not wanting to get players in early, but why would a manager wait ?
    It's almost admitting failure if you think about it sinkov.

Almost eight years in charge and you need to panic buy in your 16th window.

Nah! Not Sean Dyche.

Attachment 18073

FFS mon ami, we're halfway through January now, does he want to strengthen the team or not, if he does go ahead and do it, if he doesn't, then no wonder Garlick got pissed off with him, moaning all the time that he needed to strengthen but he had no money to spend.

Right at this moment it seems one of them, either the manager or the new owner, is taking the piss, I've no idea which, but one of them is.

FFS mon ami, we're halfway through January now, does he want to strengthen the team or not, if he does go ahead and do it, if he doesn't, then no wonder Garlick got pissed off with him, moaning all the time that he needed to strengthen but he had no money to spend.

Right at this moment it seems one of them, either the manager or the new owner, is taking the piss, I've no idea which, but one of them is.
    Given your strong French Connection mon ami, I thought you would have understood our laissez-faire transfer policy by now?

You are all missing the point about transfer windows. They are all orchestrated by Sky TV and all clubs in the PL are instructed that they must not do any real business early in the window because they need to build up to an ultra dynamic finale when, in spite of the virus restrictions, you will see reporters standing outside grounds for no reason at all except for them to make a programme, headed by the over-excited bloke who does his bit in the studio to 'milk' things as much as he can in order to try to engage the fickle football fans who hang on their every word.

The orchestration will continue ad nauseam, I mean just look at the excitement of the last 13 days as far as signings in the Premier League is concerned and we have only another 16 days to go until 11-00pm on 1 February:-
    Andy Lonergan [Unattached - West Brom]: Robert Snodgrass [West Ham - West Brom] Undisclosed: Amad Diallo [Atalanta - Manchester United] 」19m

Maybe he痴 completely baffled Sinkov , they said to him go on then who do you want and let痴 see what we can do ?

Sean痴 run a mile said what are you sure - then the light 💡 bulb moment came on in his head and he started dreaming of defenders and clean sheets and he痴 been in a daze ever since.

I知 joking I知 sure we池e on it within our limits, sounds like Derby are in bother financially and the midfielder from there would be a decent recruit .

I知 like you I think we need players now , but our Sean obviously thinks not as urgent as that and we have the squad to survive , I知 a little more pessimistic than that after watching archaic hoof to two slow clumbersome front men low on confidence , skill , and youth.

He値l probably get it right tbh he usually does 覧 interestingly I watched Fulham the other night who look the exact opposite to us , mobile exciting to watch and focused in their approach to a game 覧 I知 looking for three worse sides than us at the minute but I知 struggling to see them.

I can help you out there army88, the Baggies, the Seagulls, the Magpies and the the Blades.

Lots of talk about Fulham being this, that and the other, however, since Matchday 8 until now, which is regarded as Matchday 18, although not many clubs have played 18, Fulham have played 9 games, won 1 drawn 5 and lost 3 for 7 against 10 points 8.
    The much maligned (by our own fans) Clarets have played 9 games, won 4 drawn 3 and lost 2 for 6 against 8 points 15.

Fulham though have made 7303 passes (13th) in their 16 games, whereas the Clarets have only made 5747 (20th), the surprising thing is that Villa are 19th in that table having made 5890 passes, although that is in one game fewer than Fulham and Burnley.

In 2018/19 when Fulham were relegated they finished 7th in passes made with 17699, the Clarets were 19th with 13011 and only Cardiff ( also relegated) were below them. Huddersfield (also relegated) were in 13th place with 15902 passes.
    The main difference is that we scored 45 goals, Fulham and Cardiff 34 and Huddersfield 22. It appears that, no matter how many passes you can make, the game is still won by scoring more than the opposition. I suppose that FIFA will want to change that before very long to keep the purists happy so that they can rid the league of clubs like Burnley who do not pass enough!

Wood and Barnes are both struggling currently to pass wind Supersub6.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)