+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: False Dawns

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can help you out there army88, the Baggies, the Seagulls, the Magpies and the the Blades.
    I suppose BT , you wouldn’t think so to watch them though Brighton and the blades look decent West Brom and the toon maybe struggling.

What’s the odds on Fat sam taking WBA down

What we need is to start scoring goals, with this in mind we need to be looking at a striker and a wide player both with some pace.

Rumour is we are looking at Kenny a right back from Everton, while we do need to look at this position but a striker and wide man are more essential.
    We are also being linked with Deeney from Watford, just hope this rubbish.

Everton want to unload players so Jon Joe Whatshisname maybe a possibility if we don't blow it on the fee/wages etc which we are more than capable of doing. So A full back may well be the most likely recruit potentially. How the hell we are going to score or stretch teams down the wings I've got no idea. Hope Deeney is a joke. We do not want any more over 30 players thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Lots of talk about Fulham being this, that and the other, however, since Matchday 8 until now, which is regarded as Matchday 18, although not many clubs have played 18, Fulham have played 9 games, won 1 drawn 5 and lost 3 for 7 against 10 points 8.
    The much maligned (by our own fans) Clarets have played 9 games, won 4 drawn 3 and lost 2 for 6 against 8 points 15.

Fulham though have made 7303 passes (13th) in their 16 games, whereas the Clarets have only made 5747 (20th), the surprising thing is that Villa are 19th in that table having made 5890 passes, although that is in one game fewer than Fulham and Burnley.

In 2018/19 when Fulham were relegated they finished 7th in passes made with 17699, the Clarets were 19th with 13011 and only Cardiff ( also relegated) were below them. Huddersfield (also relegated) were in 13th place with 15902 passes.
    The main difference is that we scored 45 goals, Fulham and Cardiff 34 and Huddersfield 22. It appears that, no matter how many passes you can make, the game is still won by scoring more than the opposition. I suppose that FIFA will want to change that before very long to keep the purists happy so that they can rid the league of clubs like Burnley who do not pass enough!
    On Fulham Sub, I'm just saying what I see, they don't look like a team heading for relegation to me, I can't help it, that's what I see. They do seem to be getting their act together after a poor start, in their last 7 PL games, they've won away at Leicester, drawn with Spurs and Liverpool and only City have beaten them. Keep that up and they won't be going down, is all I'm saying, and as I don't think we'll be going down either, that makes it fairly ominous for WBA, Brighton or Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On Fulham Sub, I'm just saying what I see, they don't look like a team heading for relegation to me, I can't help it, that's what I see. They do seem to be getting their act together after a poor start, in their last 7 PL games, they've won away at Leicester, drawn with Spurs and Liverpool and only City have beaten them. Keep that up and they won't be going down, is all I'm saying, and as I don't think we'll be going down either, that makes it fairly ominous for WBA, Brighton or Newcastle.
    Transfers in and out apart because I know that we digress, however, last 7 games Fulham have beaten Leicester and drawn 5 games losing to Man City and they have failed to score in three of those games, scoring 5 goals exactly the same as the Clarets who have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2 to Leeds and Man United.
    You would say that they are playing well but they did this in 2018/9 when after 18 games they were bottom with 10 points, three of those were in a 4-2 win against the Clarets.

At that stage, Huddersfield were next to bottom with 10 points and had beaten Fulham and Wolves and drawn with us. We were in 18th place having just 3 wins against Bournemouth, Cardiff and Brighton. Cardiff were above us with 14 points having beat Fulham, Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. We escaped and Cardiff went down.

Last season at this stage Watford were bottom with 12 points, their 2 wins were against Norwich and Manchester United. Norwich also had 12 points habing beaten Newcastle, Manchester City and Everton and lots of pundits were saying that they would not go down. Villa were third bottom with 15 points having beat Everton, Norwich, Brighton and Newcastle. In 14th place were Bournemouth with 19 points having beat Villa, Everton, Southampton, Chelsea and Manchester United --they were the ones that dropped!

We could well have a similar situation this season with someone outside the bottom 3 at this stage not being relegated --this has been the case in the last 6 seasons and I have not looked further.
    Transfers in may be the key although I feel that holding on to players may be more beneficial at this stage ---we shall see!

I can't understand why we are in the Premier League in the first place, given we always have sh1t windows. How did we win at Manure last season with Championship players? How did we finish 7th? Bring back the joys of division 4.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    I can't understand why we are in the Premier League in the first place, given we always have sh1t windows. How did we win at Manure last season with Championship players? How did we finish 7th? Bring back the joys of division 4.
    We somehow managed to consistently come out on the the right side of 1-0 score lines Warminster, this season we are not doing so and that's why in all probability, we will be relegated this season.

The January transfer window slams shut at 11pm on Monday 1 February.

Pace's response...

Attachment 18106

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)