+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: False Dawns

False Dawns

Well we are half way through the the transfer window and what do we have - NOTHING!!!!! Looks like ALK aew no better than Garlick, We should be expecting better given all the talk from ALK, The sooner work is done the sooner our squad is strengthened or are we just going to have more false dawns

Look on the bright side, no one has left either.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Look on the bright side, no one has left either.
    Yes you are quite right but given SD has consistently said he needs players to strengthen then either he is slow or ALK are slow.

Don't be hasty.We are a Work in Progress.

no need for new players - our existing players are having the ALK hardware update.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well we are half way through the the transfer window and what do we have - NOTHING!!!!! Looks like ALK aew no better than Garlick, We should be expecting better given all the talk from ALK, The sooner work is done the sooner our squad is strengthened or are we just going to have more false dawns
    You beat me to it Lancaster, I was about to post something on similar lines. It's always frustrated me that we let several league games go by in January, playing a weaker team than if we had moved earlier in the window. I've always assumed it was because Garlick wouldn't free up the funds until the last minute, the usual penny pinching, hoping to save a couple of grand on the wage bill. I was hoping it might be different this time, but no, tumbleweed continues to blow down Harry Potts way, as per usual in January. Pace did say that Dyche wouldn't be frustrated by lack of funds to land his targets, but who knows, maybe the recruitment side of the club is now so dysfunctional they don't have any targets to land.

As they say in France, plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

no need for new players - our existing players are having the ALK hardware update.

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You beat me to it Lancaster, I was about to post something on similar lines. It's always frustrated me that we let several league games go by in January, playing a weaker team than if we had moved earlier in the window. I've always assumed it was because Garlick wouldn't free up the funds until the last minute, the usual penny pinching, hoping to save a couple of grand on the wage bill. I was hoping it might be different this time, but no, tumbleweed continues to blow down Harry Potts way, as per usual in January. Pace did say that Dyche wouldn't be frustrated by lack of funds to land his targets, but who knows, maybe the recruitment side of the club is now so dysfunctional they don't have any targets to land.

As they say in France, plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
    I think it’s more likely down to Sean than them , plus the thing that bothers me is the immediate talk and imminent signings are defenders , no width - pace - goal scorer.

Frustrating, but I reckon we'll get three in.

Has any Prem club made a signing yet?

Modus operandi.

No business as usual.

The shopping trolley is greased, waxed and put back into storage...

Attachment 18072

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)