+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnsley fight to keep Mowatt

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A good and interesting point Eths. If that is your view feel free to repeat it loud and often.

Ignore those who try to close down your opinion saying it is "boring" and you should "move on".
    Stop twisting Statements:
    “Barnsley fight to keep Mowett” is what I responded to.

A good and interesting point Eths. If that is your view feel free to repeat it loud and often.

Ignore those who try to close down your opinion saying it is "boring" and you should "move on".

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I took the comment to mean Poggy was fed up with the Mowatt situation not with the comment I made. If it was aimed at me its water off a ducks back.

I stand by the view that signing injured players is foolish when the squad lacks experience, depth and quality, especially when we are on track for our best finish for years whilst the trapdoor of relegation hasnt been firmly shut yet. The Kitching lad might turn out to be a good signing in time but its not about him its about our current situation.

All about opinions innit?
    Correct I was referring to the topic headline the Mowett serial.

On the signing injured players I can only assume he will make a quick recovery hopefully.

It certainly is all about opinions that’s what makes it the more interesting.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 15-01-2021 at 02:24 PM.

If he's injured its unfortunate. I dont know when the injury occurred but it wont dampen my spirits. He'll be back soon.

Imagine if we'd have not signed Woodrow because of his injury. Injuries are part and parcel of football. If wiv watched Kitching ova a long period o time then why would a groin injury deter us from signing him and perhaps letting someone else step in and buy him? Dunt mek sense to me, thy either wants a player or tha dunt.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy got a career threatening injury when Man United wanted to sign him. It dint deter Fergie and look how many he scored for United despite the injury

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    (It's Mowatt by the way )

You have previous.

To try and close down discussion about the awkward fact that Ismael was sacked from LASK for two breaches of Austrian Covid Regulations you said that my comments were "worn out" and people were weary of hearing them.

Don't forget to wait 15 mins or you will again be accusing me of trying to trick you.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-01-2021 at 03:05 PM.

(It's Mowatt by the way )

You have previous.

To try and close down discussion about the awkward fact that Ismael was sacked from LASK for two breaches of Austrian Covid Regulations you said that my comments were "worn out" and people were weary of hearing them.

Don't forget to wait 15 mins or you will again be accusing me of trying to trick you.
    Mowatt it is I won’t be the first and won’t be the last to spell a players name wrong.

Wondered how long it would take you to get back to your favorite subject.

Enjoy your mind games but “I’m Out”

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Mowatt it is I won’t be the first and won’t be the last to spell a players name wrong.

Wondered how long it would take you to get back to your favorite subject.

Enjoy your mind games but “I’m Out”
    Meaningless response, but I agree it's for the best we avoid each other on here.

( It's favourite by the way )

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Withdraw the contract and sell him. We're letting ourselves get fec ked about here. Sign someone else fck him.
    He played well when James joined the club.
    But he ain’t nowhere near one of our better players.
    For continuity sake I’d keep him.
    But this saga of - is he going or is he staying - has gone on all season and it’s pathetic.
    If he was the stand out performer for us then I could accept it.
    But he ain’t.
    His performance (distribution) against Swansea was abysmal.
    There are far far better midfield players out there.

IMO he isn’t an Ismael type of player.
    Those players are quick strong and decisive.
    Mowatt isn’t any of these.

In his time here Nudger, Ive tried to stick up for Mowatt as much as I can. And so has Ponty on here as well, and maybe as his biggest fan actually.
    But it comes to and end dunt it wen a favourite player starts pratting abaart over a new contract, and his commitment to the club obviously then gets brought into question.
    For me its got to the stage of Alex.... either shape up and sign, or simply get lost and go sumwhere else.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-01-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12