+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 years today we lost Cyril

3 years today we lost Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post

I remember his first game for us like it was yesterday. A fantastic footballer and a mountain of a man! Fond memories of this awesome player!

I saw every single home game the great Cyrille played in and the only regret was that no one was there to record on film his extraordinary goal against Middlesbrough. It is a memory i will never forget.

I was in Torquay on holiday as a 15 year old when he scored his first two for us v Rotherham in the League Cup.

I harangued my dad all the remainder of the week to leave the holiday early so I could get to the Boro match, thankfully he did.

Albion themselves filmed every match from Halfords Lane in those days so I’ve always been disappointed that no footage of the goal ever appeared.

I wonder if there is a club archive of all the 70’s matches we might be able to enquire about.

Anybody know anybody at the club?

I’m often told that in the home match that season v Everton, Regis scored a volley that people reckoned was better than the goal v Boro?

I missed that game but everyone who saw both games rated the Everton goal as being better.

I’ll bet Des remembers it?

It was not spectacular in the least but the goal he got against the Vile at the Hawthorns when he went from just in side their half with the likes of Des Bremner etc trying to stop him remains vivid in my mind. It put us 3-1 up and I thought I was going to have a heart attack while celebrating.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)