+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holmes to Huddersfield?

Holmes to Huddersfield?

According to the DT (yes, I know)...Huddersfield are looking to take Duane Holmes back for £1m.

Good player imo, although undeniably injury prone. Start of a sell off or easily replaced if and when the take over is complete?

P.S. What’s with this ‘Sticky’ thing that’s suddenly appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the DT (yes, I know)...Huddersfield are looking to take Duane Holmes back for £1m.

Good player imo, although undeniably injury prone. Start of a sell off or easily replaced if and when the take over is complete?

the sticky thing keeps selected threads at the top of the page, that is the tweak I told you about earlier. Its an attempt to get the many 'lurkers' to show themselves on the forum, at present they are seeing the same six old blokes running the world and getting put off. The most recent ten Footy/sport related gubbins will be 'stuck' at the top, putting-the-world-to-rights threads will follow thereafter
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 14-01-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

The start of a sell off I think rA
    Marriott going back on loan to Sheff Wed. Dutch Mike on his way too.
    Looks like cutting wage bill as well.

Perhaps its clearing the wage bill for that super transfer deadline day signing that will kickstart our revival?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    the sticky thing keeps selected threads at the top of the page, that is the tweak I told you about earlier. Its an attempt to get the many 'lurkers' to show themselves on the forum, at present they are seeing the same six old blokes running the world and getting put off. The most recent ten Footy/sport related gubbins will be 'stuck' at the top, putting-the-world-to-rights threads will follow thereafter
    Brilliant idea.

I'll be sad to see Holmes leave, but if he's unhappy that would explain his performance's this season, and best he moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Brilliant idea.

I'll be sad to see Holmes leave, but if he's unhappy that would explain his performance's this season, and best he moves on.
    He's had a career in reverse at Derby, magic in his first few games then just wilting through time.

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    The start of a sell off I think rA
    Marriott going back on loan to Sheff Wed. Dutch Mike on his way too.
    Looks like cutting wage bill as well.
    Seems like it, Wesso...expecting some news today...could be very good or disastrous. No idea which...we’re mere supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

Just about agree with that, I've always thought on his day he's a decent player but not consistant enough. Never looks happy on the pitch. I think it would be a good move all round as long as we recoup what we paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Just about agree with that, I've always thought on his day he's a decent player but not consistant enough. Never looks happy on the pitch. I think it would be a good move all round as long as we recoup what we paid!
    Unhappy at being played out wide rather than in his preferred role down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Unhappy at being played out wide rather than in his preferred role down the middle.
    I didn't know that, if he's unhappy or can't do the job he's asked maybe this is the right time to move on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)