+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think that will happen naturally anywaywith mcneil especially if we go down , I’ve said for last few years that our wide men are poor ( when was the last time our wide men went past a man and delivered a ball - exception of mcneil ).

Brady and ice man just never go at a man to deliver ball for wood.

Barnes has deteriorated more than I can imagine was possible.

I really am starting to question Dyche tactics and set up tbh .
    Totally agree with your last statement Army. Throughout this season we have not been scoring many goals, but the team manager does not appear to consider giving anyone else a chance to start. While loyalty is a good thing, stubbornness is something else
    It was noticeable today in what the match commentators were saying regarding the gap between or strikers and the midfield being too great. This I feel this is down to the defensive tactics that are being used or as the manager says back to the basics. Although if you keep the ball in the opponents half then they cannot score.
    Like most Burnley supporters I would like to see some new blood brought in during this transfer window however I am concerned that it may be more of the same, with player that are probably in the twilight of their careers. We need to add some pace which was sadly lacking today especially in the first half. A little bit of creativity would not go amiss either.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We’ve been here before Sub , we’ve spent the last 4 seasons in the same scenario opposition have all the ball and play and we sneeked a win.
    When I said they weren’t a good side , reality is they weren’t a city or a Utd ( 2nd half ) where we simply can’t get the ball —- in this game we got Dyched Less possession than us and yet we lost.

Difference today was Rice ( a cut above ) he won’t be at West Ham long - destined for bigger things ( no dis respect to West Ham for that).

Sometimes Sub all the stats in the world can’t change what your eyes see - we were a million miles away from being the better team , you can make stats read anything you want 55% possession for us for example ( but what did we actually deliver for that ).

I’ll answer for you anyway —- it’s nothing we delivered zero.
    The only statistics that matter at the end of the game is goals scored and goals conceded.

BT's theory of relegation: Keep being on the wrong end of 1-0 score lines and concede more than you score = relegation.

What is really bothersome is neither our manager or players look like they give a flying f**K.

Why was Garlick at the game I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I was annoyed with Dyche just now on match of the day, laughing and joking like he is on a family day out at the zoo.. We are in a Fcking relegation battle!! bloody giggling like a school girl.. have a word with yourself Dyche!
    Respect FTD, you've actually watched MOTD. I haven't, I just can't, maybe later today I might summon up the courage, but right now I just couldn't take it, you're a braver man than me.

I never have and never will watch match of the day when we have lost..

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I was annoyed with Dyche just now on match of the day, laughing and joking like he is on a family day out at the zoo.. We are in a Fcking relegation battle!! bloody giggling like a school girl.. have a word with yourself Dyche!
    It's only a game, why should you not be laughing and joking, some people take life and football all too seriously.
    I laugh at every game of football I watch, mainly because I can't fathom out the Laws of the Game any more with players falling over because an opponent's arm brushes them, inconsistency of officials made even worse with VAR, offsides being given for arms being offside etc., etc.
    What's not to laugh at? It is only a game and not important in the grand scale of things and certainly not something to get annoyed about, because people will still laugh and joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Anti football lost today, big ball cloggers!
    And also from our West Hammer friend,

" a philosophy of big players bullying,"

It's not unusual, it seems to be a prevalent view amongst opposition fans and some in the media. Certainly we're a long ball team, we'll lump the ball upfield as soon as look at it, but I don't see why this should bother the opposition, it just gives them the ball back 99% of the time, and it pisses off our fans even more than the opposition's, you only have to check this site for proof of that.

But cloggers, big players bullying, where does that come from ? The Soccerstats site has a list of the top 20 players with Yellow Cards, none of our players are in it, it has a list of the top 20 players with Red Cards, none of our players are in that one either.

Big players ? Tarko is a big lad, so is Wood, but are they bigger than Ogbonna, Soucek, Rice, Dawson, I don't think so. There may be smaller CBs than Ben Mee but I can't think of any off hand, and they'll be few and far between. Lowton would struggle to blow the skin off a rice pudding.

Our midfield, yesterday, Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brownhill, Brady are all lightweights, they'd struggle to kick their way out of a soggy paper bag. Maybe it's our front two who are the bullies ? Wood puts himself about, but no more than any other big striker would, and Barnes is niggly, but more a of a nuisance, a pain in the arse, rather than a bully. In fact if defenders let Wood and Barnes bully them, then they might consider themselves to be in the wrong profession. Do PL defenders really lose sleep at the prospect of facing those two ? Do they feck.

A s.h.i.t.e football team, right at this moment I'll give you that, but cloggers, big players bullying, nah, you're having a giraffe mon ami.
    Last edited by sinkov; 17-01-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Indeed, sinkov, in fact we have been fouled more than we have fouled this season and are also well down the list of yellow cards issued. We just don't fit the PL agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Indeed, sinkov, in fact we have been fouled more than we have fouled this season and are also well down the list of yellow cards issued. We just don't fit the PL agenda.
    They won't have to worry about us much longer Supersub6. I think our EPL time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I thought that the Hammers won.
    Burnley were so much more anti football that, like it or like it not, they had more touches than the Hammers and also made 90 more passes, were offside less, committed less fouls, had less bookings, more possession and lost.
    MInd you I can't blame a Hammers fan for making this statement because all he has to do is read our own fans comments and repeat them.

Just for the record, those of you who think that the Hammers are a poor team, this season they have taken 12 points off teams in the top half of the table, 8 of which were against teams in the top 6. They have also taken 13 points from 6 matches against clubs in the bottom 7. Not bad for a poor team.
    We often have less possession than the team we play but we are hard to beat and we can be clinical at times when it counts.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)