+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Wham had their chances - could've finished the game off....and weren't short of loose passes either -it kept us in it for the point, thought we could get it....but again, are weak where it counts, glad to see Vyd and Rod join the game for more than a few mins - but there's no fire in the team....big re-think time...better late than never I guess.

sites sloooow and hangy today, anyone else.... ?

Yes slow site today Norder, why I logged off especially with the performance of our team

A disturbing pattern arising here. We concede. We cannot score. We lose. Unless there is some new blood (particularly in the goal scoring department) brought in during this transfer window I just see that dismal pattern being repeated ad nauseam. Otherwise I am hugely optimistic.

How can you even be slightly optimistic ,when you’ve just stated the reasons why we are sliding towards the relegation zone ? When you don’t score and start conceding, there is only one way you will be heading. The next few games include Liverpool,Chelsea and Man City. How many points do you think we’ll get from them ? Throw the game in with the Villa at home, and there you have it. Before Xmas there was plenty of euphoria with the new owners coming in, splashing the cash to improve the team, and going into this year with plenty of optimism. It hasn’t happened, and from where I am sitting, it doesn’t look likely. If SD keeps this team in the PL, the miracle incurred will be up there with the parting of the Red Sea , and the Five Loaves and 2 fishes. I’m not kidding.

That was irony malwayne.

Anti football lost today, big ball cloggers!
    Take care and stay safe people!!
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    John.
    Spot on unfortunately for us John.Moyes is slowly turning things around for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Spot on unfortunately for us John.Moyes is slowly turning things around for you.
    cheers fella, hope you and yours are well sir, Moyes makes us hard to beat, but with an edge to grind out results...

Sorry to say this is what I expected when the team was announce.

With West Ham scoring so early in the game we had to try and push on for an equaliser. Unfortunately, we showed no signs of scoring through either Barnes or Wood and both Brady and Gudmundsson did not have the beating of the West Ham defence to provide for telling crosses.
    McNeil was brought on at half time, why he did not start only Dyche knows, but he was able to provide some chances going forward. When Vydra and then J-Rod were brought on we looked to be causing West Ham some problems, but still could not score.
    We need to invest in a striker and at least one winger, if finance is a problem. I would suggest that we could use any of Gudmundsson, Brady, Wood or Barnes if they could be used to part finance replacements for their positions.
    I also have a concern with Sean Dyche, over the tactic we employ and his team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Sorry to say this is what I expected when the team was announce.

With West Ham scoring so early in the game we had to try and push on for an equaliser. Unfortunately, we showed no signs of scoring through either Barnes or Wood and both Brady and Gudmundsson did not have the beating of the West Ham defence to provide for telling crosses.
    McNeil was brought on at half time, why he did not start only Dyche knows, but he was able to provide some chances going forward. When Vydra and then J-Rod were brought on we looked to be causing West Ham some problems, but still could not score.
    We need to invest in a striker and at least one winger, if finance is a problem. I would suggest that we could use any of Gudmundsson, Brady, Wood or Barnes if they could be used to part finance replacements for their positions.
    I also have a concern with Sean Dyche, over the tactic we employ and his team selection.
    I’m of the same opinion VC , we have a weak squad in places that really needs and update .

It remains to be seen if the new regime sort some players in the next two weeks — It saddens me to say this but I’m worried about Dyche as I think even he’s in a rut persistently choosing what worked previously, and it obviously doesn’t at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    John.
    I thought that the Hammers won.
    Burnley were so much more anti football that, like it or like it not, they had more touches than the Hammers and also made 90 more passes, were offside less, committed less fouls, had less bookings, more possession and lost.
    MInd you I can't blame a Hammers fan for making this statement because all he has to do is read our own fans comments and repeat them.

Just for the record, those of you who think that the Hammers are a poor team, this season they have taken 12 points off teams in the top half of the table, 8 of which were against teams in the top 6. They have also taken 13 points from 6 matches against clubs in the bottom 7. Not bad for a poor team.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)