+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

Charlie Taylor unlikely to be fit so I only see one change from the starting line up against Manchester United and that is McNeil replacing JBG. Sorry guys you know what that means. Wood & Barnes starting again. No wonder Vydra wants away. The main cause of our woes this season is a lack of goals yet we have persisted with Wood and Barnes. Can we really not try something different? The Hammers with 26 points are 10 points better off than us and we will do well to keep that gap not getting any greater. Their danger man is Thomas Soucek who scores valuable goals. The lively Antonio is likely to put a lot of pressure on our defence. I can see West Ham scoring at the London Stadium so can we find a goal from somewhere? COYC.

We need to put in a performance and get their onion net bulging.

Our problem is not only with Wood & Barnes being unable to finish off what little chances we create, but with Dyche's stubborn tactic of defending with all the team behind the ball then hoofing a clearance into the oppositions half so it comes straight back at our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We need to put in a performance and get their onion net bulging.
    Its not going to happen ,expect a draw at the very best and that's only if they don't score as we can't score.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Its not going to happen ,expect a draw at the very best and that's only if they don't score as we can't score.

sounds thrilling - Alf.

I believe in history in football and the facts are that West Ham have not scored against us for 270 minutes since their 4th goal which was scored in the 90th minute in their 4-2 win in 2018, their third goals having come in the 784th minute.
    Since then we have had the three wins and Chris Wood has scored 2 goals, in fact, historically they are a team against whom he usually does well, whether starting or coming on from the bench ---fingers crossed.

West Ham could perceive us as their bogey team which gives us an advantage, like City have over us. Not saying we'll score 5 though.

They will surely set up expecting to face Wood and Barnes. Why not spring a surprise by naming Vydra and Jay Rod in our starting line up? Is that too radical?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    They will surely set up expecting to face Wood and Barnes. Why not spring a surprise by naming Vydra and Jay Rod in our starting line up? Is that too radical?
    Probably outwood , we d like it but I have a feeling Sean won’t.

In some cases I think Dyche is the manager and as I’ve said before he knows better than us , my gripe sometimes is at least give the substitutes a fair chance of altering the game not between 4-6 mins including Injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Yes.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)