+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnsley v Swansea

Hi Acido.
    It was a tough match last night under poor conditions. Barnsley are a good side this season under your new manager and the high press works well for you. We adapted our game to your style and the state of the pitch, we don’t normally play heading tennis.
    You had your chances though but unlucky this time.
    Our chances of promotion? As good as anybody’s I suppose. With our USA owners reluctant to invest any money, we are relying on loanees to make up the squad. We’ve just lost three of them, recalled to their parent clubs, so our squad is a bit thin on the ground, therefore fingers crossed on the injury front. The Championship is a tough league to get out of and any team can beat the other on the day, so to predict if we can get promotion is a bit early with only half way gone. We are solid defensively this season which is a big thing, another is consistency.
    I was up your place last season when we drew there. We walked into town from the ground to the local Wetherspoons. When we returned to watch the match the bridge over the railway line on the way to the ground was blocked off, it frightened the life out of us as we thought we’d miss the match. After asking someone we had to walk to the train station to get over to the other side.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.

....... and just the highlights -
    https://www.swanseacity.com/news/hig...swansea-city-0

Cheers Jack.
    Yes we play that 'gagenpress' type football, which has caught a lot of teams out this season. It's not always effective though and credit to Cooper, he got your team to react well to it in both games against us.
    Naarich look good this season, and Brentford impressed me when they win at ours. I can't say that I'm too impressed though with Bournemouth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)