+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calvin Miller interview

Calvin Miller interview

Calvin Miller says he already feels so comfortable at Meadow Lane that he’d consider making his move permanent at the end of the season.

The Scot joined us on loan from Harrogate earlier this week and his contract is up when the 2020-21 campaign concludes.

And he’s been so impressed with what he’s seen from the club so far that he’s already thinking about the possibility of becoming a permanent part of Neal Ardley’s plans.

“If I compare the start I’ve had here with when I went into Harrogate, I feel so much more comfortable here,” revealed Miller.

“I don’t know if that’s just the manager’s attitude towards me but I feel like I’ve been here a long time already. For me, that’s key because it’ll help me with my performances.

“I know I’ve not even played a game yet but it’s nice to feel comfortable and if the manager really likes me, which he’s said he does, I’d be more than happy to stay here and keep doing a job for the team. I really want to hit the ground running and impress.

“This is a massive club pushing for promotion to the EFL and that’s another reason I was attracted to Notts. Everyone wants to come to a side that’s going to win leagues, so if that happens here I’d be more than delighted.”

Despite enjoying a positive start to the season with Harrogate, who he joined from Celtic this summer, Miller was surprised to find himself in and out of the team before it became clear he would need to move on.

“The manager told me at the start of the window that he’s changing his shape and that he’s not going to play with wingers, so I found myself in a position where I needed to go elsewhere and play games,” said the 22-year-old.

“Last year I was out with injury and I put so much hard work in to get back fit, so there’s no point in me waiting about. I want to go and get as many games as I can in my career and develop as much as I can.

“Hopefully I can be in the squad on Saturday, hit the ground running and get the win.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ckport-140121/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 15-01-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Calvin Miller says he already feels so comfortable at Meadow Lane that he’d consider making his move permanent at the end of the season.

The Scot joined us on loan from Harrogate earlier this week and his contract is up when the 2020-21 campaign concludes.

And he’s been so impressed with what he’s seen from the club so far that he’s already thinking about the possibility of becoming a permanent part of Neal Ardley’s plans.

“If I compare the start I’ve had here with when I went into Harrogate, I feel so much more comfortable here,” revealed Miller.

“I don’t know if that’s just the manager’s attitude towards me but I feel like I’ve been here a long time already. For me, that’s key because it’ll help me with my performances.

“I know I’ve not even played a game yet but it’s nice to feel comfortable and if the manager really likes me, which he’s said he does, I’d be more than happy to stay here and keep doing a job for the team. I really want to hit the ground running and impress.

“This is a massive club pushing for promotion to the EFL and that’s another reason I was attracted to Notts. Everyone wants to come to a side that’s going to win leagues, so if that happens here I’d be more than delighted.”

Despite enjoying a positive start to the season with Harrogate, who he joined from Celtic this summer, Miller was surprised to find himself in and out of the team before it became clear he would need to move on.

“The manager told me at the start of the window that he’s changing his shape and that he’s not going to play with wingers, so I found myself in a position where I needed to go elsewhere and play games,” said the 22-year-old.

“Last year I was out with injury and I put so much hard work in to get back fit, so there’s no point in me waiting about. I want to go and get as many games as I can in my career and develop as much as I can.

“Hopefully I can be in the squad on Saturday, hit the ground running and get the win.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ckport-140121/
    That's a really positive interview. Hopefully he can do for us what Walker failed to do and if he does, at just 22 years old he would be a shrewd permanent signings. Hoping we get to see him at some point tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    That's a really positive interview. Hopefully he can do for us what Walker failed to do and if he does, at just 22 years old he would be a shrewd permanent signings. Hoping we get to see him at some point tomorrow.
    Echoes of how Tommy Johnson reacted when he came down from Newcastle (see other thread). Let's hope he turns out half as good.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 15-01-2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: echos/echoes

Good interview, hope he lives up to his own words