+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Rooney Is Our New Manager

Wayne Rooney Is Our New Manager

So at last a bit of certainty around the club

Congratulations Wayne, in the short time you've been in charge you've changed my opinion of you, stick at it and good luck. Just don't pick yourself!

Are we all going to get behind him?

Yep! just hope this means the takeover is on the way!

I'll get behind him, can't say that my heart didn't drop when I saw it's 2.5 years. At least he's not playing.

Welcome Wayne and good luck.

He is Derby manager so we have no choice but for me this is more to do with his contract with the club, than making an appointment based on qualifications and experience.

I thought he hadn't got the required coaching qualifications? So has that rule been overcome somehow? (perhaps with Mac as supervisor?) For me thats a kick in the teeth for managers who have worked hard and got experience and qualifications.

Having said that, his record since taking over as interim is as good as could be expected with the squad of players available, so on that basis the decision is justified. Now its up to him to show he can make the grade, so yes he should get the fans support, but if results don't come he will rightly be criticised and if we don't stay up so will the club.

I see the same coaching team is being kept, so stability there which is a good thing. Lets hope that there are a few signings now to bolster the team and we get to a position of safety.

And has been said, lets hope that means the takeover is close to being finalised.

His appointed Assistant has the right diplomas........

The expectancy was that no permanent managerial appointment would be made until the takepover was done. Does this appointment mean that the deal is about to be completed?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    His appointed Assistant has the right diplomas........

The expectancy was that no permanent managerial appointment would be made until the takepover was done. Does this appointment mean that the deal is about to be completed?
    ...or there's a clause in there that says without a deal, WR can walk. Who knows the twists and turns of contracts?

Wonder how much 32Red paid for this stunt cos you know it's gonna be all over Sky and all our matches are going to be televised now

'Wayne Rooney's Derby County'

At least it rolls off the tongue better than 'Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Neheyan's Derby County', and I don't even think that's his full name. there's another Bin in there somewhere

I suppose you could blend the 2 in and be Wayne Rooney's Dhabi County

Surely has to be a good sign. Given that Mel Morris doesn’t appear to be covering wages owed to the players since November he’s hardly likely to sanction WR’s new managerial contract so someone else, presumably the new owners, must have agreed to.....unless.....of course......we really are ‘Wayne Rooney’s Derby County’ and he’s the new owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)