+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vassell leaves

Is it a good move?????? Not sure myself as this is now 2 forward players that have gone out. I can't see us bringing in 2 forward players so this could indeed make us less of a threat going forward.

Maybe Hirst is going to get that run we were talking about? It could also be that Lindsey will play more like Frecks did for us with Barlaser as playmaker?

Which ever way he goes (unless he brings in 2 forward thinking players) 352 will be a lot weaker and 343 might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Really. Why do you think that?
    Because he's perpetually injured. If he comes back he,ll be sidelined again after 2/3 matches...or sent off.

I think there's a good chance that any new LB will be a straight swap for Mattock in the squad list

to Fleetwood

I haven't seen this anywhere posted, but I dont suppopse many on this board will miss Kyle Vassell who's gone out until the summer

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGlue View Post
    I haven't seen this anywhere posted, but I dont suppopse many on this board will miss Kyle Vassell who's gone out until the summer
    Yes he’s gone until the summer but I’d you know his contract is up this summer and PW has said it wouldn’t have been renewed

Vassell leaves sounds like one of Paul Warne’s herbal teas

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I reckon this is the best transfer news I have ever heard.

Absolutely cockahoop!!

Happiest I have been since John2 converted to Christianity.
    He did? I thought he only believed in cryptoscientology

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Vassell leaves sounds like one of Paul Warne’s herbal teas
    Eats shoots (misses) and leaves.

In reality this should have happened last year. Its been painful to watch him at times.

I cannot fault his heart and desire, when he got injured last season early doors I was very close and the injury was legitimate and you could hear and see his frustration.

To be fair, we never played him as per his success elsewhere. He had seemingly used his pace to run down the "tram lines" in the center but we have consistently asked him to run wider and cut in or cross. This hasnt suited him.

That being said, even when at his best and played around I doubt he would get more than 12-15 in League One - assuming he could stay fit.

Good luck to him, but his wage can be better spent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234