+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackman

Blackman

'I'm still half-robot' - How Bielsa & Chelsea helped rebuild Jamal Blackman

https://www.goal.com/en/news/half-ro...t1cx7o0igg75wv
    Last edited by millertop; 17-01-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks for that MT, I didn't realise he'd had such a serious injury. As he did in the press coverage around the time he came to us, in this article he sounds like a great young man. Hopefully yesterday will be a springboard for more of the same from him and the defensive 'team'.

Interesting article, Millertop - thanks. I'd not realised quite how recently and seriously he'd broken his leg and how long he was out for. I'm sure he was throughly vetted before he came to the Millers but you can't help thinking there must be a sense of being just a little cautious when going into fifty/fifty challenges - and relying on shot stopping rather than going out to physically confront an on-rushing forward. It might also explain his rather lack-luster efforts to save penalties. It would at the very least set his confidence back seriously.

He's certainly picked up in the last couple of games - perhaps as a consequence of feeling more confident that all was well and that he could start to be more courageous.

This also points up the contrast between him and Victor - who is very much the 'do-or-die' valiant type.

Sorry, CAM, we seem to have been reading and writing at the same time!

Great performance yesterday and just hope he maintains that form as that would be great for us....

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Sorry, CAM, we seem to have been reading and writing at the same time!
    Both on the US West Coast mid-Sunday morning MM catchup/coffee break

I knew he had a bad injury but when you read how and what he had to do to get back then it makes you (well does me) look at him in a different light, just hope he can carry on stepping up from yesterday’s game and stay focused
    Last edited by millertop; 17-01-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Half man half robot

Name:  70765E5F-A007-47D7-AC6E-9E57FA4A9B44.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  9.7 KB

Great game yesterday. If that had been 1st game of the season, we'd all be saying "great loan".

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Great game yesterday. If that had been 1st game of the season, we'd all be saying "great loan".
    Point well made, avondalemiller...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast