+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy johnson

Tommy johnson

I noticed that queenslands avatar is the great Tommy johnson, does anyone realise it's his 50th birthday today ? A proper Notts legend who gave us some magical moments, my enduring memory of him though was the smile he always had on his face, Happy birthday tommy, if only we had you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    I noticed that queenslands avatar is the great Tommy johnson, does anyone realise it's his 50th birthday today ? A proper Notts legend who gave us some magical moments, my enduring memory of him though was the smile he always had on his face, Happy birthday tommy, if only we had you now.
    Knowing that this little skinny bag of bones (as he once was!) has hit the big 5-0 doesn't half make me feel my age. Happy birthday Tommy!

Now there was a young player worth getting excited about and made himself undroppable as an 18/19 year old.

The fact he went on to play for Derby, Villa and Celtic after us when in his prime tells anyone young enough not have seen him just how good he was.

Him and Drapes, young and pure class.

Countygump posted this on the Ardley interview thread (why there I have to ask?).

Anyway, well worth a watch:

Paul Mace - The Magpie Circle
    Tommy Johnson: The Geordie who never went home PART 1

https://youtu.be/PXm5ITHGNHw

Sounds as if there might be a PART2.

What really comes over is what an articulate, modest and enthusiastic man Tommy is. Fascinating how Warnock used him and how he just took everything in his stride. Do they make them like that any more (and Drapes!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Countygump posted this on the Ardley interview thread (why there I have to ask?).

Anyway, well worth a watch:

Sounds as if there might be a PART2.

What really comes over is what an articulate, modest and enthusiastic man Tommy is. Fascinating how Warnock used him and how he just took everything in his stride. Do they make them like that any more (and Drapes!!).
    I'm just a very random person, post here, post there, post anywhere!

Part 2:

Remember traveling up to S****horpe to watch England under 21 against Germany because Tommy and drapes were in the squad

Tommy scored to make it 1-0
    Shearer and Kevin Campbell up front
    Won 2-1

My fave ever player in a Notts shirt that I've seen play at least. A true legend. I watched his Magpie Circle interview. He seems to still be doing ok and hasn't lost his chirpy repertoire at all.

Still can’t believe he got booed when he came back with Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Still can’t believe he got booed when he came back with Derby.
    I blame Z block

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast