+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Bands - Better Live than in the Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Been to a few Floyd performances ( hate the word gig) and whilst they were experiences the PF music is best enjoyed through headphones
    Saw them twice myself and totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Saw them twice myself and totally agree.
    Did I hear right that they always finish with shine on you crazy diamond in tribute to an ex member?

Or is that a myth?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Did I hear right that they always finish with shine on you crazy diamond in tribute to an ex member?

Or is that a myth?
    Not a myth that they played Shine on you crazy Diamond as not only a tribute to Roger "Syd" Barret but because it was a fan favourite.. However, they latterly encored with Comfortably Numb and Run like Hell.

Seen the Floyd 11 times from Sheffield 1967 to Earls Court 1994 and certainly the early live performances of tracks such as Green is the Colour, The Narrow Way, Careful with that Axe Eugene, Fat Old Son and Cymbeline were much better than the recorded versions. In fact the Floyd built up a very loyal following before Dark Side of the Moon. IMO the best rock band that ever existed, but there again I am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

However, I would say that Future Islands, who are influenced by New Order, are better live thanks to the emotional performances of Mr Herring.
    Yes that's some dance routine he,s got going.
    I like Future Islands though, decent band

Deep Purple (MKII) always had more energy on stage than the studio (IMO)

Made in Japan being a classic example

IMHO most bands are better live than studio bands because of the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    IMHO most bands are better live than studio bands because of the atmosphere.
    So how come you support Rotherham?

Quo were a very basic band on vinyl but fantastic to see live. I'm sure they were banned from the City Hall for fear of the balcony collapsing during Hold Me Back. Anyone that slags their guitaring off should try a few of Rick Parfitt's rhythm licks for a few minutes and then try and imagine keeping it up for an hour and a half on thick gauge strings like he did!

Always liked Police studio albums. Saw them live about 18 years ago and they were fantastic. Andy Summers is something else as a guitarist.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Always liked Police studio albums. Saw them live about 18 years ago and they were fantastic. Andy Summers is something else as a guitarist.
    Indeed CT. I used to live and work in Ewhurst and would often encounter AS. it's a small world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast