+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Shocking goal to give away bang on half time and we have a real weakness defending the set piece type situation .

We need to come out and start playing some football because we've given Swansea far too much respect in my opinion .

Proper poor display for me .

Get your fingers out ffs !!! .
    Swansea ev cut Styles and Brittain supply line, caught us wi a sucker punch bang on aif time. Ouch.

Poor game as tha sez but if we gonna scooar ittul ev to be that front 3 who dig summat art. Victor ez laiked well. Looks a threat,we just need it to drop for us. Ad tekka point nar

Their first goal shouldn’t have stood because Roberts foot was on the pitch from the long throw and the second Lowe was offside!
    However we have no killer punch he needs to bring Palmer on for Kane and Give Morris a run out for Vic.

We got manned theear. Classic battling away performance from Swansea. Credit to them. They showed defensively what's required to get into that top 6. 2nd goal is a total calamity and ended our hopes. Night to forget.

Disappointing thing is they didn’t have to really work for their goals did they. They are very good at defending.

Could have had a pen, reply shows their 2nd offside and their keeper makes a worldy.

Dust down and go again easy game on Tuesday at Vicarage Road !

They looked nowt like a top team though in the first half, and we've gifted another pathetic goal to a team with just seconds left in the half.
    They were more comfy in the second half though admittedly, and thats the mark of a promotion chasing team to be honest.
    I hope Val gives them a right telling off though because they were so unprofessional when it came to the first goal. Had it stayed at 0-0 like it should have at HT, we might have nicked it. But look where we are still, its not the end of our season is it.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We got manned theear. Classic battling away performance from Swansea. Credit to them. They showed defensively what's required to get into that top 6. 2nd goal is a total calamity and ended our hopes. Night to forget.
    A night to forget indeed Pass and our limitations exposed for all to see .

We are at this moment in time a mid table championship outfit , something the majority of us have always known .

That said we have progressed from last season and the start of the current one .

The target now is to get ourselves safe from relegation asap , 50 points and perhaps look to next season and give Sibbick , Palmer , Morris and Wolfe some games and see how they shape up with a run in the side .

The top 6 have way way too much for the likes of us and I do believe we have way too much to be relegated .

Plenty to play for this season and we are in an interesting place even though we aren't going up and are unlikely to go down .

A night to forget indeed Pass and our limitations exposed for all to see .

We are at this moment in time a mid table championship outfit , something the majority of us have always known .

That said we have progressed from last season and the start of the current one .

The target now is to get ourselves safe from relegation asap , 50 points and perhaps look to next season and give Sibbick , Palmer , Morris and Wolfe some games and see how they shape up with a run in the side .

The top 6 have way way too much for the likes of us and I do believe we have way too much to be relegated .

Plenty to play for this season and we are in an interesting place even though we aren't going up and are unlikely to go down .

Absolutely agree. A reminder for those getting carried away that we are still a long way from top 6 tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Absolutely agree. A reminder for those getting carried away that we are still a long way from top 6 tackle.
    I'd even go as far as to say Swansea would be a lamb to the slaughter in the PL .

Best equipped side I've seen to have half a chance in the PL next season is Brentford because of the way they control the football and take care of it , the hardest thing for them is getting out of this league because of the nature of the championship .

I'd even go as far as to say Swansea would be a lamb to the slaughter in the PL .

Best equipped side I've seen to have half a chance in the PL next season is Brentford because of the way they control the football and take care of it , the hardest thing for them is getting out of this league because of the nature of the championship .
    Yes Brentford are a very good team who are most likely to survive in the PL out of all the promotion contenders. However, an organized defence like Swansea have is a sound basis on which to form a solid foundation. If Swansea add something further up the pitch then they ev aif a chance too should they get promoted.

MOM for me was Callum Brittain who defended very well and then got himself forward in the second half .

Terrific strike on goal in that second half and a top save from the Swans keeper , hit it too well if the truth be known .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast