+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

I suspect every effort will be made to get the match on given its a Sky game and a bit of extra revenue .

Not sure what the playing surface will be like , undersoil heating is fine in principle but isn't too kind on the playing surface I once read .

Tough game tomorrow night but none the less I expect the team to cause the Swans some problems .

Surely a draw is going to happen sometime ..... .... isn't it ?????

I listened to TykesTV and their thoughts on the Swansea game. I thought they (Luke & Steve) did Swansea a bit on a disservice. I generally agree with most of the things they say but not on this one. I'm expecting a very tough game. Tha dunt get to second in league at aifway stage if thy ent summat abart thi. They can play this lot but they can also mix it up and defend very well too.

I cant see the pitch being in respectable condition, it wo looking poor even afooar this snow. Coupled with the conditions its gonna be a battle more than a game o football this imo, similar to when we laiked em darn at their place. Wis ev to tek whatever chances we get against these if wi gonna come art o it wi summat.

Just arrived back in the UK and Bingo we are live on TV, 3 points please lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Just arrived back in the UK and Bingo we are live on TV, 3 points please lads!
    Nice one Chop , dropped on with the weather too !!!!!

Wonder if Val is considering starting Morris up top .

Generally we ease new signings in from the bench but I think there's got to be a genuine temptation to start the lad .

Morris seems to be a player we've specifically recruited to fit in to this system and it wouldn't make a great deal of sense to have him on the bench in my opinion .

Victor is more the impact substitute for me so I'd give Morris a start tonight personally with Victor ready to come on and replace him when understandably he will run out of steam around 70 minutes .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wonder if Val is considering starting Morris up top .

Generally we ease new signings in from the bench but I think there's got to be a genuine temptation to start the lad .

Morris seems to be a player we've specifically recruited to fit in to this system and it wouldn't make a great deal of sense to have him on the bench in my opinion .

Victor is more the impact substitute for me so I'd give Morris a start tonight personally with Victor ready to come on and replace him when understandably he will run out of steam around 70 minutes .

He may well do that Animal omitting Frieser or Chaplin. Be nice to cast our eyes over Morris. I have a good feeling about this lad

Win tonight we go 7th

My expected team.
    Collins
    Sol - Helik - Mads
    Brittain - Mowatt - Kane - Styles
    Chaplin - Morris - Woodrow

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He may well do that Animal omitting Frieser or Chaplin. Be nice to cast our eyes over Morris. I have a good feeling about this lad
    I'm looking Pass for the biggest beneficiary of the addition of Morris to be Connor Chaplin .

I'm probably in a minority here but I do think there is championship goals in Chaplin as we saw last season .

If we can manage to win tonight we go 7th there’s only one response to that?........WOW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast