+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T FAO Navy

O/T FAO Navy

I know you served at Kiel for a time. Not sure if you saw any football there but Holstein knocked Bayern out of the cup this week on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I know you served at Kiel for a time. Not sure if you saw any football there but Holstein knocked Bayern out of the cup this week on pens after a 2-2 draw.
    No mate never took in any football when I was in Kiel, I remember travelling down to Hamburg but it certainly wasn't to watch the football either! Phew, what an eye-opener for a 17-year-old kid from Nott-un-hmm. The big problem I had when it came to football at the time, it was 1980 and that lot over the river were doing rather well in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    No mate never took in any football when I was in Kiel, I remember travelling down to Hamburg but it certainly wasn't to watch the football either! Phew, what an eye-opener for a 17-year-old kid from Nott-un-hmm. The big problem I had when it came to football at the time, it was 1980 and that lot over the river were doing rather well in Europe.
    Just to add. I don't really remember discussing football very much when I was over there but I do remember my Crystal Palace supporting mate ( still friends to this day ) being a bit peeved with this young German rating, not only had he never heard of Vince Hilaire.....he'd never heard of Palace!

That was a fine Palace side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    That was a fine Palace side as well.
    Awful kit though.