+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baggies Match Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Thanks Woodie, I hadn't seen those comments, but have to admit I can now more clearly see that there is some more logic behind the decision.
    The Express and Star match report/players ratings comments threads have some decent posters and always makes interesting reading, of course there is always a few "nutters" chipping in but that's unavoidable nowadays.

We're in a spot of trouble, and I don't know where our points are coming from in our up coming games! Coady isn't an out and out defender. He's a midfielder put as a sweeper in a back 3. He can't play in a flat back 4! Yet Nuno implies with his post match assessment he's sticking with 4 at the back! We can't score, yes we have a lot more attempts playing this way but our forwards cannot score. It's no good looking at the stats and arguing we had more possession, more shots, more shots on target if we don't put the ball in the net!

We are now seeing in full force of not having any depth in our squad. We've been lucky for the last 3 seasons with minimal injuries, not now.....and we don't have adequate cover where it really matters.

I like Nuno, I don't want him to leave but he can't be above criticism! Nuno likes a small squad! Yeah great, if no player gets injured! But we are now seeing injuries in all our key departments. We need a bigger squad, we need reinforcements in every department if nothing else but as competition. We need reinforcements in the spine of our squad. Another decent centre half, box to box midfielder and an out and out proven striker. These are positions our players have become complacent with.

Nine years ago, on our turf we got battered. It cost the manager his job. It won't cost this manager this time but the embarrassment is there for all to see. We played a side who get battered weekly! They are our biggest rivals in most eyes, and we made them look great! I haven't eaten tonight! My stomach can't take it! It is a complete cluster**** in my eyes. The only bloody team they have beaten are rock bottom of the league. If we are not careful we are going to be pulled into a relegation battle!

Impassioned but accurate description of where we are mate.

Nuno took the plaudits and now he has to take the blame insomuch as it is all down to the small squad policy. Small squad, easier to handle and keep happy, but isn't it ducking the challenge a bit as a manager to take this road?

Like Nuno, he is the best thing that has happened to us for a long time but he needs to own up problems caused by his policy and do something about it.

I think we need to switch back to the 3 man back line. With all the injuries, I think it would be behoove is not to continue to attempt this system change at this time. I don’t think it really helps our attack any, but it certainly should help us defending.

I don’t think we are going down, but we need some wins in the next month just to keep a relegation battle at bay. But we are only halfway through the season. We’ve been in relegation form since Jimenez went out.

That said, I think we have deserved more points than we’ve received during this stretch. A few bad bounces a few bad calls go the other way and we are close to 30 points. We are defending ok in open play, but set pieces are killing us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)