+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Accies away

Positives from today -

1. We didn’t lose
    2. Er, that’s about it.

We could do worse than sound out Jordan Jones on loan from the tribute act? A point to prove and needs to get back playing.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We could do worse than sound out Jordan Jones on loan from the tribute act? A point to prove and needs to get back playing.
    To play where? We have four strikers on the books and don't play wingers. He'd be a good signing but I'd be gobsmacked if we signed anyone for that kind of position. Saying that we have Clark playing in midfield so anything is possible.

Yet another boring draw.

Need to get service , crosses and passes to our forwards. Usual.

Possibly played slightly better at some points but overall disappointing.

Its a very very tight league troops,have we ever had so many 0-0 results in a season?.I honestly cannie remember.

Not disappointed with taking something, only away game lost in recent games was Celtic, but these away pts are always better when followed by a home win

I can't wait until we consolidate our mid table position in this league.

Then next season , release the releasable, sign the sign-able. Change the tactics (please) and see how well we do then.

This season is a really hard watch, which I'm sure we can all put up with until next seasons promise. But........there can only be so many next seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its a very very tight league troops,have we ever had so many 0-0 results in a season?.I honestly cannie remember.
    It's gonna be a long nervy end to the season if the draws continue. We're picking up too many now and really need a win to ease the pressure and increase the gap to those below us. One win in nine for us now. Alarm bells aren't ringing yet, but we could do with stopping that rot soon. Nine games to go before the split. Our last three are Celtic, Aberdeen & Rangers so effectively six games to pick up enough points to escape bottom six. I think we'd need 3 wins minimum in that time. I really can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Yet another boring draw.

Need to get service , crosses and passes to our forwards. Usual.

Possibly played slightly better at some points but overall disappointing.
    Is it any wonder that Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician appears to have abandoned Dundee United Football Club?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's gonna be a long nervy end to the season if the draws continue. We're picking up too many now and really need a win to ease the pressure and increase the gap to those below us. One win in nine for us now. Alarm bells aren't ringing yet, but we could do with stopping that rot soon. Nine games to go before the split. Our last three are Celtic, Aberdeen & Rangers so effectively six games to pick up enough points to escape bottom six. I think we'd need 3 wins minimum in that time. I really can't see it happening.

Think some people are panicking a bit for no reason, if we don't get top six it's no big deal, it would be great as that's you guaranteed safety but I think we'll be fine anyway... We've drawn our last three without our first choice centre mids including at Pittodrie

It would require a 5 or 6 of the teams under us to all collect more pts than us and then some between now and May for us to be bottom two, not saying it can't happen but nothing suggests we will stop picking up pts, ppl forget we have won 4 of our last 7 at home losing just to rangers and are drawing most away games, next two are at home and are both winnable

Infact it's only really Rangers and Celtic we have lost two in the last four months (apart from the loss at in form Livi)

We've drew twice at Hamilton and beat them at home, if we are bottom six then they come back to Tannadice after the split

I'd be far more concerned if I was a Hamilton or Motherwell fan just now, especially as they are no longer getting those 3 nil wins handed to them, they'll need to earn every point they get, like everyone else

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)