+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Post Match Thoughts

Just listened to Warney post match interview which was bang on....we didn’t play well in the second half, we didn’t play as well as we did against Everton or Blackburn...but we won and deserved it

How on earth did their player who brought Crooks down stay on the pitch?

Great tactics today Warney! Remember the last time we played Derby away - was it 2 years ago? 6- something and our players (think it was Yates and Taylor) throwing handbags in the middle of the park. That was head in hands time and tbh embarrassing.

So today was one of those magical experiences, particularly as the spotlight was on a certain young man who entertains himself by having carnal knowledge of "mature" women.

Can we do it on Tuesday? Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Blackman outstanding today, Lindsay popped up in the right place for our winning goal, Barlaser's free kick was a beauty, Roos glad to see it hit the post.
    Subs - i would have taken Crooks off for Ladapo, and taken Wiles off, ( he was knackered ), for Clarke, but we got the 3 points with Warney surely happy to get one over Rooney.
    I mentioned on the match post's that Derby would get somebody sent off, Bieley already booked, did another foul, ref must have told him one more and you are off, Rooney subbed him.

Get down road to Hillsborough Warney, get left back Penney on loan, check him out, sign him in the summer on a free, if he puts the displays in.
    Penney is a good player. I don’t think he’s suited to play for a team fighting to stay in the championship. Simply not big enough.

He needs to play in a league 1 side who like to play football.

In 2 years, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post

So today was one of those magical experiences, particularly as the spotlight was on a certain young man who entertains himself by having carnal knowledge of "mature" women.
    This from a Forest fan on Social media

Wayne Rooney on defeat to #rufc “I’ve never seen anything as toothless since I spent a night with that 60yr old prostitute”

man who entertains himself by having carnal knowledge of "mature" women.
    Sadly he's in good company, so do 99% of the posters on here

Great tactics today Warney! Remember the last time we played Derby away - was it 2 years ago? 6- something and our players (think it was Yates and Taylor) throwing handbags in the middle of the park. That was head in hands time and tbh embarrassing.

Can we do it on Tuesday? Bring it on!
    Well, at least they're not dead.

Delighted. Not a promotion winning performance by any stretch but a good solid hardworking one from the whole team. We were cohesive and Warne seemed to have a coherent plan.

My comment on the match thread twenty minutes or so from the end that I would take a point as it stood was just good tactical posting!!

To be fair Wayne has said that Rotherham got what they deserved and does admit we were the better team

I think Mr Rooney can count himself lucky the last game was postponed or he wouldn't have this job.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Penney is a good player. I don’t think he’s suited to play for a team fighting to stay in the championship. Simply not big enough.

He needs to play in a league 1 side who like to play football.

In 2 years, who knows.
    Err Howdydoo Matt Penney is taller than ex-miller left back favourite Paul Hurst, look at his career with the Millers,
    Matt Penney is 1.73 Metres - Paul Hurst is 1.65 metres

Why does the players height make a difference, hes a fullback / left side defender.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast