+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Post Match Thoughts

A very workmanlike and well organised performance topped off with a great goal at the end.
    Living in Derby I listened to their sports programme 5-6 and also spent an hour reading their fans message board and to be fair although very critical of their own team were complimentary of ours. One mentioned we were poor and immediately got shouted down saying we are well organised and fit.

I have to say the disallowed goal was a cracking goal but, unfortunately it was (very) marginally offside.

Granted Derby were poor, but, winning at Derby for us is very rare and is a terrific result I think the last time we won there (3-1) was in 1965/66 season.

Great result.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Delighted. Not a promotion winning performance by any stretch but a good solid hardworking one from the whole team. We were cohesive and Warne seemed to have a coherent plan.

My comment on the match thread twenty minutes or so from the end that I would take a point as it stood was just good tactical posting!!
    .....we knew that all along.

I wonder if the Zoon was there today and if so did he leap up and celebrate the goal

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    A very workmanlike and well organised performance topped off with a great goal at the end.
    Living in Derby I listened to their sports programme 5-6 and also spent an hour reading their fans message board and to be fair although very critical of their own team were complimentary of ours. One mentioned we were poor and immediately got shouted down saying we are well organised and fit.

I have to say the disallowed goal was a cracking goal but, unfortunately it was (very) marginally offside.

Granted Derby were poor, but, winning at Derby for us is very rare and is a terrific result I think the last time we won there (3-1) was in 1965/66 season.

Great result.
    I live in Derby too, I'm in Draycott. Where are you?

One thing is certain, I'm looking forward to work on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    I live in Derby too, I'm in Draycott. Where are you?

One thing is certain, I'm looking forward to work on Monday!
    Let em have it

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

Great result.
    Wow, I knew we had a poor record away at Derby, but i didnt know that today is the first time in my life weve beaten them away. That deserves another drink! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Wow, I knew we had a poor record away at Derby, but i didnt know that today is the first time in my life weve beaten them away. That deserves another drink! ��
    Any excuse... . I'll join yer pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Wow, I knew we had a poor record away at Derby, but i didnt know that today is the first time in my life weve beaten them away. That deserves another drink! ��
    Just bragging that he's a youngster

It was a Wednesday night game. I was 8. My eldest brother (20 at the time) went and he is 75 next month. So, a very long time ago. I went to the Baseball Ground the season after when we lost 2-0 and made three visits to Pride Park (as a Millers fan) when we lost each time without even scoring so, yes, a very sweet victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Let em have it
    Unfortunately, semi retired now so don’t have that luxury. To be fair it was a 50-50 Forest/Derby split where I worked.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast