+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Due To Fat Sam.

Credit Due To Fat Sam.

Enough of this rubbish about his style of football and limping him in with Pullis.

People who say this about him are clueless about football in my opinion.

Look at the penalties today for example.

First one was due to pressing high up the pitch and then a quick interchange of crisp passes and good movement.

Second one was at the end of a good move and a lovely incisive pass into feet by Grosicki.

I remember my dad saying to me back in 88 when Holland won the Euoros with Gullit and Van Basten about the myths people espouse about “long ball” football.

“These Dutch hit a lot of long ball, 30, 40, 50 yards” he said to me........”the problem is for the opposition that most of them go straight to feet or slice them wide open!”

In dad’s opinion there was no such thing as a long ball, there was only a good pass or a bad pass, the length of it was irrelevant.

Fat Sam doesn’t play hoof ball like Pullis, if you think he does then I’m sorry but you’ve got an agenda against the bloke.

This is our best manager since Sir Gary and Roy Hodgson and if we can keep him for 5-6 years and get a half decent owner we’ll be a constant mid table Premier side in the years to come.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 16-01-2021 at 06:00 PM.

All I remember Mick is that Bolton was a cracking team to watch. If we end up with anything like that I’ll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Enough of this rubbish about his style of football and limping him in with Pullis.

People who say this about him are clueless about football in my opinion.

Look at the penalties today for example.

First one was due to pressing high up the pitch and then a quick interchange of crisp passes and good movement.

Second one was at the end of a good move and a lovely incisive pass into feet by Grosicki.

I remember my dad saying to me back in 88 when Holland won the Euoros with Gullit and Van Basten about the myths people espouse about “long ball” football.

“These Dutch hit a lot of long ball, 30, 40, 50 yards” he said to me........”the problem is for the opposition that most of them go straight to feet or slice them wide open!”

In dad’s opinion there was no such thing as a long ball, there was only a good pass or a bad pass, the length of it was irrelevant.

Fat Sam doesn’t play hoof ball like Pullis, if you think he does then I’m sorry but you’ve got an agenda against the bloke.

This is our best manager since Sir Gary and Roy Hodgson and if we can keep him for 5-6 years and get a half decent owner we’ll be a constant mid table Premier side in the years to come.

Fat Sam likes money so wouldn’t surprise me if he was quietly happy in getting knocked out of the cup! Remember he’s on a huge bonus to keep us up! I always said Grosicki was decent and Fat Sam has quickly seen this too and he didn’t get a look in under Slav! Snodgrass was a great signing - a fighter!!

Hope now Gallagher is back on Tuesday Sam is ruthless and confines Sawyers to the toilet where he belongs - maybe that’s why a plumbers job is advertised at the club!

We just need another midfielder to f uck Livermore off too and then a replacement two years later for Gayle who was never replaced! A few negative comments today regarding Robinson and not his biggest fan but he did a lot of running today and the two penalties were down to him!

I would look at getting a good price for Johnstone now I have seen Button to invest in a decent striker!

Just need to get a result at West Ham so Newcastle and the Dingles are pulled into it!

Fat Sam will keep thinking of the big fat bonus and that’s a good incentive for him to be ruthless and get rid of the dead wood - and f uckin chewing gum too!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    All I remember Mick is that Bolton was a cracking team to watch. If we end up with anything like that I’ll be happy.

Unlike Slav - Fat Sam will be ruthless so the passengers like Sawyers - Livermore - Kanu - Ivanovic and Phillips will be gone! Snodgrass a great signing and good he’s spotted something in Grosicki who was decent today!

Another midfielder and a forward please Fat Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Fat Sam likes money so wouldn’t surprise me if he was quietly happy in getting knocked out of the cup! Remember he’s on a huge bonus to keep us up! I always said Grosicki was decent and Fat Sam has quickly seen this too and he didn’t get a look in under Slav! Snodgrass was a great signing - a fighter!!

Hope now Gallagher is back on Tuesday Sam is ruthless and confines Sawyers to the toilet where he belongs - maybe that’s why a plumbers job is advertised at the club!

We just need another midfielder to f uck Livermore off too and then a replacement two years later for Gayle who was never replaced! A few negative comments today regarding Robinson and not his biggest fan but he did a lot of running today and the two penalties were down to him!

I would look at getting a good price for Johnstone now I have seen Button to invest in a decent striker!

Just need to get a result at West Ham so Newcastle and the Dingles are pulled into it!

Fat Sam will keep thinking of the big fat bonus and that’s a good incentive for him to be ruthless and get rid of the dead wood - and f uckin chewing gum too!
    Fat Sam is on a potential £10m bonus to keep us up according to a paper article I read today.

I still think staying up is a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Fat Sam is on a potential £10m bonus to keep us up according to a paper article I read today.

I still think staying up is a long shot.
    Yes it is - but another midfielder with Snodgrass and Gallagher and a striker who can score - anything is possible! Fat Sam is ruthless where Bilic was too nice! F uck the dead wood out Sam and quickly!!!

This is a strange season .... the bottom clubs (now including us) are starting to pick up points and you can see a few clubs like Newcastle getting pulled into it..... Sam has been there and done it .... so although the odds are against .... you never know... and if he gets £10m if we stay up well that’s motivation .....

I read when he signed he was on £1,000,000 million not ten million to keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I read when he signed he was on £1,000,000 million not ten million to keep us up.
    It depends on how high we finish, the higher we finish the more he gets.
    That's the incentive and the reason why he won't tolerate passengers in the team.

Big Sam has never lost a match against Wolves.
    His bonus is £1m for every place above 18th

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)