+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Due To Fat Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Unlike Slav - Fat Sam will be ruthless so the passengers like Sawyers - Livermore - Kanu - Ivanovic and Phillips will be gone! Snodgrass a great signing and good he’s spotted something in Grosicki who was decent today!

Another midfielder and a forward please Fat Sam!
    Kanu has never been a passenger Al, you need to get over this.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Kanu has never been a passenger Al, you need to get over this.

The lad tries hard but no quality and does not know where the net is - hey he does hold the ball up well! If you said he was as good as Dwight Gayle I would want to drive over to yours for those happy drugs!! Remember Dwight Gayle the ruthless striker and the one we have never replaced?

I do agree though Kanu is ok as a bench player but a starter - not even if in the championship which is why Reading got shot!

PS - good header though for Wales some years ago!

I've never believed that HRK was a starter but would always have him on the bench for the final twenty minutes or so. He did that today and with a few minutes to go did exactly the right thing in taking the ball into the corner and playing out those final added on minutes.

I’m not sure about fat Sam , but I’d probably agree he’s the best manager since woy, but that not really much of a compliment imo , can’t fault today , any win over “them lot down the road” is welcome. I can’t see us stopping up , but , I thought we’d lose 4-0 today so I know f all . HRK gets some stick , but he always gives us 100% which is more than some (sawyers) we need to buy the right player be them young or old .
    My milestones this season 11 points (derby’s all time low points tally)
    Our points tally in 1986 (18 I believe)
    Anything after that I’d probably settle for .
    COYB

The lad tries hard but no quality and does not know where the net is - hey he does hold the ball up well! If you said he was as good as Dwight Gayle I would want to drive over to yours for those happy drugs!! Remember Dwight Gayle the ruthless striker and the one we have never replaced?

I do agree though Kanu is ok as a bench player but a starter - not even if in the championship which is why Reading got shot!

PS - good header though for Wales some years ago!
    Al I think your problem is you can’t or won’t see everything else the player does. Sam even singled him out during Wolves and he’d only been on 15 minutes. Even if he’s in for 15 minutes he gets a score rating as high as most 90 minute players. He’s got lots of experience. Gayle is a goal scorer but Kanu is better than him in all other areas. BTW don’t forget without him last year we wouldn’t be kicking a ball in the Prem. You just don’t like him that’s the bottom line.

Al I think your problem is you can’t or won’t see everything else the player does. Sam even singled him out during Wolves and he’d only been on 15 minutes. Even if he’s in for 15 minutes he gets a score rating as high as most 90 minute players. He’s got lots of experience. Gayle is a goal scorer but Kanu is better than him in all other areas. BTW don’t forget without him last year we wouldn’t be kicking a ball in the Prem. You just don’t like him that’s the bottom line.

I would like a raving gay with pink boots if he could score as a striker. Kanu did what was asked of him yesterday by holding up the ball well and have always complimented on this. As Leicester said - he’s not a starter but a good bench player as seen yesterday.

To compare Kanu to Gayle apart from holding the ball up is plain daft. Ruthless strikers are picked to score goals and my point is - we need one! I dislike Sawyers as he’s the one who brings very little and yes Kanu contributed more in 15 mins than he did for the whole match!

There would be only a handful who would suggest Kanu should actually start a game. We need a goal scorer and Fat Sam has identified that along with another midfielder to compliment Gallagher and Snodgrass!

You made a comment in a post that Grosicki was poor before correcting yourself. I thought Grosicki was decent and should start on Tuesday with Sawyers dropped for Gallagher!

I would like a raving gay with pink boots if he could score as a striker. Kanu did what was asked of him yesterday by holding up the ball well and have always complimented on this. As Leicester said - he’s not a starter but a good bench player as seen yesterday.

To compare Kanu to Gayle apart from holding the ball up is plain daft. Ruthless strikers are picked to score goals and my point is - we need one! I dislike Sawyers as he’s the one who brings very little and yes Kanu contributed more in 15 mins than he did for the whole match!

There would be only a handful who would suggest Kanu should actually start a game. We need a goal scorer and Fat Sam has identified that along with another midfielder to compliment Gallagher and Snodgrass!

You made a comment in a post that Grosicki was poor before correcting yourself. I thought Grosicki was decent and should start on Tuesday with Sawyers dropped for Gallagher!
    We do need a lethal striker but unless you are top six we won’t get one. As for Kanu starting, I wouldn’t have a problem because he gives 100% all of the time and it’s that consistency we have been lacking. A team needs players who you can rely on plus flair players plus goal scorers. Players like Kanu who can play as a winger a striker and midfield and have lots of experience and an old head you keep unless their legs have gone. No sign of that yet.

We do need a lethal striker but unless you are top six we won’t get one. As for Kanu starting, I wouldn’t have a problem because he gives 100% all of the time and it’s that consistency we have been lacking. A team needs players who you can rely on plus flair players plus goal scorers. Players like Kanu who can play as a winger a striker and midfield and have lots of experience and an old head you keep unless their legs have gone. No sign of that yet.

But Austin to be fair gave 100%. It's called not good enough at this level! I have a worker who gives 100% but he's got too old and doddery + things take twice as long - should I keep him on because he gives 100% and makes a good brew although his productivity now is going down the pan?

I think that often is the case for many of us.

Oliver Burke anyone?

After spring lockdown until now I think he has performed better than Robson-Kanu (for Burke then this PL season for S U). Do I think Burke is a top player, and better than Kanu, no. But to declare Burke useless after the games he has played for S U, so far, is in my opinion not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think that often is the case for many of us.

Oliver Burke anyone?

After spring lockdown until now I think he has performed better than Robson-Kanu (for Burke then this PL season for S U). Do I think Burke is a top player, and better than Kanu, no. But to declare Burke useless after the games he has played for S U, so far, is in my opinion not correct.

Sensible post! Wilder is no fool! Serge was deemed awful at West Brom now he's a world class player on the top stage!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)