+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Miracle

The Miracle

Of staying in the Premier league

Is it about to come to an end ?

As you know Alf, I have said for a long time now that not keeping the team young with solid and creative players that are not quick fixes just to bulge the squad we would eventually fall out of the PL, it has been on the cards for a few years now, apart from those who wear Claret tinted glasses saying we would be OK and its not the performances but the points that matter, well look at us now fellow Clarets, just look at the dross that is served up, are you still happy.

The team/squad needs a major overhaul, which is going to cost even more because of the lack and poor investment from the previous owners, this ALK is going to have to work hard to make any impression, plus the way Dyche is performing its going to be damn hard, especially after the game today at WHU saying we playeed well, he's sniffing glue isnt he ?

see Garlick was at the game - sat alone, wearing his face nappy....but didn't see Pace, was he there ?

PL's all over the place, a dithering pox....very little "premier" about it...and as you alto...been skating on thin ice for years, they're all complicit - S.D included....but the whole affairs dodgy if you ask me - something unnatural, seems stunted, and I dont like it.

Yes something stinks about the takeover Norder, not just the 50 odd million £ we had in the bank when ALK took over.

Forgot to mention they said that Pace and Co not at the game as they were in lockdown in Clitheroe with Covid, good excuse that Covid malarky isnt it ?

Starting to make Venkys look first class.If they needed the 50m in the bank to buy the club then where is the investment going to come from?
    Did Garlick do his due diligence when he sold to these people?
    He knew the team needed a major revamp and he let them borrow the 50m in the bank to buy the club.......and you dont smell a rat.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 16-01-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Of staying in the Premier league

Is it about to come to an end ?
    After that today I’m kind of on board , we do have some decent players but today they were all on the bench

I’m pretty frustrated because they aren’t a massively good side and yet we add them look good.

The front two have to be changed and if we could swap the wide men too it needs doing imo anyway —— I’m a little bit conscious that we don’t have better alternatives to what played( exception mcneil ).

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Yes something stinks about the takeover Norder, not just the 50 odd million £ we had in the bank when ALK took over.
    he reckons the loan is "Incredible" - Alto.....ok, perhaps he got mates rates on the 80mil from his Dell computer buddy(msd capital) - then as you say, raided the burnley pot for 50m+....and from what We can tell (because he says he can't tell us the rest right now) he/they only paid 15mil of their own dosh for the whole shebang - but it's all going to be Great !....well thats ust Dandy - but would be nice if he could show some interest in your new acquisition - go to a Game perhaps....on lockdown, I dont believe it, is either stateside or playing with his more important best friend.

Like I've said from the start,I dont like this American takeover one bit especially with Garlic still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

see Garlick was at the game - sat alone, wearing his face nappy....but didn't see Pace, was he there ?

PL's all over the place, a dithering pox....very little "premier" about it...and as you alto...been skating on thin ice for years, they're all complicit - S.D included....but the whole affairs dodgy if you ask me - something unnatural, seems stunted, and I dont like it.
    Gabby Logan said on Prime before the game that the Alkies were self-isolating in the Ribble Valley, and the rumour was that there was no money being made available to Dyche to strengthen the team. I don't think she would have come out with something like this on live TV without being fairly certain of what she was saying, so it looks like we've been conned to me. The owners may have changed but not much else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)