+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren moore

Darren moore

Doing well with Doncaster. Won 6 in their last 7 now. On course for promotion. I hope he does it, would be a great achievement. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Doing well with Doncaster. Won 6 in their last 7 now. On course for promotion. I hope he does it, would be a great achievement. ��
    I hope he does well!! He should have started at this level as he was not up to it managing us! Gayle is a great striker but NOT a winger so hopefully Big Dave will looked up what a ‘ winger ‘ brings to the party! Sir Gary would have been a much better bet than idiot Pardew - clueless Darren and the rookie who parked the bus at Vile Park and rightly now where he belongs - on the first ladder and hope he does well too!

Anybody else want to commend him without a snipe?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Anybody else want to commend him without a snipe?

It’s the truth and he was a legend as a player and wish him well at Doncaster! Sadly not up to it managing us as even Barry Fry would have got that squad in the top six! Gayle - a winger ha ha!

Let’s just hope Tolloch does not return as a winger albeit injured at the moment. Any of the old pals society in Doncaster? Where’s Tyrone?
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-01-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I hope he does well!! He should have started at this level as he was not up to it managing us! Gayle is a great striker but NOT a winger so hopefully Big Dave will looked up what a ‘ winger ‘ brings to the party! Sir Gary would have been a much better bet than idiot Pardew - clueless Darren and the rookie who parked the bus at Vile Park and rightly now where he belongs - on the first ladder and hope he does well too!
    Yes Al, this is the level he should have started at, but the blame should be shared equally between our board who went for the cheapest option again, and Darren himself for accepting the job he was nowhere near ready for.
    As it was a much loved player put himself in front of the rifles.
    Naive I think you call it.

DM did very well. His colossal mistake was showing misplaced loyalty to knobhead Jones who is a football purist.

It was all very well playing out from the back but you have to have the players to make it work consistently.
    It was a high risk strategy that cost us automatic promotion.

If he'd ditched Jones and promoted Shan and then played more pragmatically things would've been very different given the players we had at the time.

Good on ya big Dave . He’s the same person we all loved . Let’s love him again. Lovely chap , and a great servant of our club . Long may his success continue.

OK all hindsight but appointing Jones was his downfall and agreed if he had taken a more pragmatic approach as he did in the premier league, he would have seen us back up that season and with those players but would he have lasted long in the hot seat? But I do hope he does well this season

I can’t imagine that there are many Baggies that don’t wish Big Dave well in his management career. Good to see a really nice bloke doing well.

I always think of the big dude in The Green Mile whenever I see and hear Darren Moore.

Only difference is that he doesn’t set the electricity crackling.

https://youtu.be/iHH1EqPu2qA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)