+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross’ high flying Hibs v Derek McInnes’ eye bleeding eleven

Jack Ross’ high flying Hibs v Derek McInnes’ eye bleeding eleven

First thing....do we drop Joe Lewis for this match at Easter Road? Me personally...I would. Lewis Ferguson should lead the team out on Saturday whilst Lewis starts a stint on the bench.
    Let’s see what Woods can bring to this team.

My guess at McInnes’ team for this match

Woods
    McCrorie
    Hoban
    Considine
    Leigh
    Ferguson
    Campbell
    Hayes
    Hedges
    Hendry
    Kamberi

0-1 Hendry

Not a chance he’ll drop Lewis. The guy could literally pick the ball up turn round and boot it in his own goal and mcinnes still wouldn’t think of dropping him.

I think he might attempt a 352

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hedges Ferguson mcGeouch McCrorie Hayes
    Kamberi Hornby

Not sure what the status is with Taylor and hedges injuries and when kamberi will eventually be joining up with the squad.

Not going to try and even have guess at what team McHunis is going to put out for this one, I think the tombola might get an airing.

I am now on a run of two in a row predictions sort of "right" so I am going to stick with that and accept the fact that once again I am not going to be winning any fine wine.

Prediction from me for a hattrick. -
    Option 1 - At the very best an eye bleeding 0 - 0 borefest,
    Option 2 - 1 or 2 nil to hibs

Keeping up with our new deserved team name of Aberdeen nil.

Again it goes without saying that I hope to fk I am wrong but sadly I just canna see it.

COYR

The obvious thing to do is to stop playing 3 at the back. We've had a whole season of it now, and apart from a few games last autumn it hasn't worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The obvious thing to do is to stop playing 3 at the back. We've had a whole season of it now, and apart from a few games last autumn it hasn't worked.
    Especially when two of the three are considine and taylor.

Agreed especially when the three are Hoban, Taylor and Considine none of whom are spring chickens. When we play teams with fast wingers we need the wing backs to act as fullbacks which gives us little attacking threat. For three at the back to work you need players with a bit of pace which ours do not have. Central defence is an area of the team McInnes has failed to strengthen after we lost McKenna and we presumably have nobody in the Under 21's who might do a job for us.

I see Kamberi is still stuck in Switzerland. When will the guy ever be able to join us? When he comes over he'll maybe have to quarantine and then it'll take him a while to get up to speed. Looks like a potentially disastrous waste of money and time already.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I see Kamberi is still stuck in Switzerland. When will the guy ever be able to join us? When he comes over he'll maybe have to quarantine and then it'll take him a while to get up to speed. Looks like a potentially disastrous waste of money and time already.
    By the time the new manager gets in and revamps the training I am sure Kamberi will be good to go.

Never ever play three at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Agreed especially when the three are Hoban, Taylor and Considine none of whom are spring chickens. When we play teams with fast wingers we need the wing backs to act as fullbacks which gives us little attacking threat. For three at the back to work you need players with a bit of pace which ours do not have. Central defence is an area of the team McInnes has failed to strengthen after we lost McKenna and we presumably have nobody in the Under 21's who might do a job for us.
    That tells a tale.
    Fair enough if you can’t produce a top striker.
    But we can’t produce an effective defender.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast