+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intensity seems to be waning

One man can't make a team, someone recently suggested 4 or 5 wins would be enough to see us safe, well that was one opportunity sagged up.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I was amazed at how sluggish and off the boil the whole team seemed to be today. Especially as this was definitely one of the winnable matches in the PL for us.

In our own ways, we are all pointing out our observation that the team failed to do the basics today. Very unusual for us.

Philips being out is a huge loss for us, yet that can't be used as an excuse for this performance imo.

As has been said elsewhere, If Forshaw is going to take a while to get back, we need to bring in some cover for Kalvins role.
    We have been sluggish and crap for at least half the games. If it wasn't for the start we had everyone would be talking about survival which thank god to those teams under us they keep losing.

Don’t think we are physically tired as the players we still running late in the game.

We have a squad that is small and struggling to cope with the injuries and lack of depth and ...

The pitch was an absolute disgrace- the ball had to be forced and too many players lost their footing.

Brighton played classic park the bus TG en break and played it well. That seems to work better on that pitch too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Don’t think we are physically tired as the players we still running late in the game.

We have a squad that is small and struggling to cope with the injuries and lack of depth and ...

The pitch was an absolute disgrace- the ball had to be forced and too many players lost their footing.

Brighton played classic park the bus TG en break and played it well. That seems to work better on that pitch too.
    FFS this was a HOME game, on a pitch the players SHOULD have been accustomed to. The fact that most PL players, irrespective of club, have NOT been accustomed to playing on a ploughed field, is one factor that didn't exactly help us, but Brighton clearly adapted better than we did!

A small squad, and injuries to be coped with, isn't unique to clubs outside the top 8 or so PL clubs, ask Stevie, or Sean, or Mr Potter FFS! They are beginning to grind out results (or at least acceptable performances, even if they lose, (look at Fulham, with 10 men for most of the match, losing to a single goal against Chelsea)), whereas we lose and do so with our tails tucked between our legs. Just as well we had a good start, because right now we are relegation fodder and I didn't think I would have to say that after the first few games

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    FFS this was a HOME game, on a pitch the players SHOULD have been accustomed to. The fact that most PL players, irrespective of club, have NOT been accustomed to playing on a ploughed field, is one factor that didn't exactly help us, but Brighton clearly adapted better than we did!

A small squad, and injuries to be coped with, isn't unique to clubs outside the top 8 or so PL clubs, ask Stevie, or Sean, or Mr Potter FFS! They are beginning to grind out results (or at least acceptable performances, even if they lose, (look at Fulham, with 10 men for most of the match, losing to a single goal against Chelsea)), whereas we lose and do so with our tails tucked between our legs. Just as well we had a good start, because right now we are relegation fodder and I didn't think I would have to say that after the first few games
    The weird thing I seem to have noticed is that you can tell within ten minutes whether we are going to play like world beaters or meat beaters.

I don’t recall any previous Leeds teams showing such extremes of hot or cold.

Been effectively said elsewhere, but you can’t play tidy passing football on a council allotment.

Oh well. We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’m pretty pyshed off myself, but that might be a wee tad ott.
    The Crawley debacle to be honest did not piss me off, would have been better to go out on pens or a ccc club, but yesterday was just shocking from the first minute. Now needed 6 points against soton and newcastle and move on......

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    One man can't make a team, someone recently suggested 4 or 5 wins would be enough to see us safe, well that was one opportunity sagged up.
    Yeh I think 4 or 5 will be enough but that's only a marker, you can never tell in football.
    Definitely one thats gone next 2 just make sure its 6
    Soton wont be easy...

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    The Crawley debacle to be honest did not piss me off, would have been better to go out on pens or a ccc club, but yesterday was just shocking from the first minute. Now needed 6 points against soton and newcastle and move on......
    3pts be good, 4 pts very good. Can’t see 6 tho based on the current mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    3pts be good, 4 pts very good. Can’t see 6 tho based on the current mood.
    At the time I didn't realise soton was off for definitely...
    Big game now against newcastle, 3 points nothing else. They are shocking under Spud Face but do have a few decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    At the time I didn't realise soton was off for definitely...
    Big game now against newcastle, 3 points nothing else. They are shocking under Spud Face but do have a few decent players.
    He had his scouts planted in our pitch for the last game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)