+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea Head Tennis ........ and we lost it.

Swansea Head Tennis ........ and we lost it.

Our defence lost that game.
    Sol pulled out of position for their first.
    And usual raging bull Ballax Mads for their second.
    Shi.te !!!

Big Val is a fan of American Football - and yet their 1st goal was straight out of American Football handbook.
    Sol grabbed and manoeuvred away from the front of Cabango allowing him a free header at goal.
    And at set pieces we arnt defending our posts.
    Very poor defending.

Under this model Rome won't clearly be built in a day Nudge .

The team you see today isn't the team who will take us to the PL if that ever happens at all .

There isn't one player still at Brentford who were there 4 seasons ago .

It's a long game is this and even then there are absolutely no guarantees .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Under this model Rome won't clearly be built in a day Nudge .

The team you see today isn't the team who will take us to the PL if that ever happens at all .

There isn't one player still at Brentford who were there 4 seasons ago .

It's a long game is this and even then there are absolutely no guarantees .
    It dosen’t really matter does it whether these are the players are not.
    What’s frustrating beyond frustrating - and it’s been the case now for 2 seasons - we are battering opponents and yet you know that there is a sucker punch coming.
    We must have the most frustrating team in the football league.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It dosen’t really matter does it whether these are the players are not.
    What’s frustrating beyond frustrating - and it’s been the case now for 2 seasons - we are battering opponents and yet you know that there is a sucker punch coming.
    We must have the most frustrating team in the football league.
    Well it clearly matters to you as someone who lives and dies on single results Nudge .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it clearly matters to you as someone who lives and dies on single results Nudge .
    As my posts are saying - the frustration is over 2 seasons.
    So no - it’s definitely not just a knee jerk reaction of just one match.
    And importantly ........ of course I realise these are young players - but that dosen’t decrease the frustration.
    Well - not much anyway.
    As Val has said ........ if they were better than us it would be acceptable.
    But everyone watching that could see that they wernt.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 16-01-2021 at 11:42 PM.

I find myself agreeing with both of you, watching barnsley is frustrating,,we have the beating of most teams and yet find it hard to score and defend the simple things. and I know that even though we are close to the play off positions this team cannot take us the final few steps to achieve this, I think that we are close but still need that one or two players that can show the class we need and experience to help our young side to become players that any team would want. we are short but we cannot afford to break the bank and fall foul of the ffp as others have done

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As my posts are saying - the frustration is over 2 seasons.
    So no - it’s definitely not just a knee jerk reaction of just one match.
    And importantly ........ of course I realise these are young players - but that dosen’t decrease the frustration.
    Well - not much anyway.
    As Val has said ........ if they were better than us it would be acceptable.
    But everyone watching that could see that they wernt.
    Really , done the double over us and sit second in the table .

You are a knee jerk poster Nudge , this is nothing like last season when we gave soft goals away to every team in the league , Luton at home in September was a classic example .

Now we give soft goals away to the better sides in the championship , that's a huge differential .

There is no frustration if you look at the squad for what it is , mid table at best .

Val needs to give his head a shake , we were far too respectful and conservative first half towards the Swans which is down to him .

He went defensive because of what happened against Bournemouth at home and didn't pick up on the fact that Swansea are a different team altogether to Bournemouth .

Only my opinion mind .

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    I find myself agreeing with both of you, watching barnsley is frustrating,,we have the beating of most teams and yet find it hard to score and defend the simple things. and I know that even though we are close to the play off positions this team cannot take us the final few steps to achieve this, I think that we are close but still need that one or two players that can show the class we need and experience to help our young side to become players that any team would want. we are short but we cannot afford to break the bank and fall foul of the ffp as others have done
    Agree.
    As one fire is extinguished - another one starts.
    This time IMO it’s this:
    We finally get that striker in Morris who can hold the ball up.
    He looked quality when he came on.
    But as that fire is put out - the defence takes a backward step - and Mowatt has a poor game.
    To beat the top 6 teams we need every player to be confident.

I don't think player confidence is a problem. I think our young squad look at the league position and believe they can beat anyone. I also think Mowatt didn't have a bad game, he just didn't have a good one. If he's not going to sign a new contract then he definitely doesn't want an injury and that means he won't be putting himself about a bit, not that he often did in my opinion.
    Anderson isn't a good defender. They should make him social distance from his teammates during matches. The first goal, if he was 6 get away, towards the goal and away from his teammate instead of on top of him, and he just might have got his head to the ball. I say might cos he didn't with the 2nd goal. A calamitous comedy of errors.