+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can see Mowatt and Sol not starting next game..

Can see Mowatt and Sol not starting next game..

Both dropped to the bench.
    Mowatt was absolutely garbage - extremely poor performance - so obviously transfer talk is getting to him.
    Is he getting ready to cash in with a move ???
    OR ....... the absence of James is showing through.
    If this is a sign of things to come from Mowatt then sadly he has to go.

And to add to that Sol has been found out.
    Things looking better when Sibbick entered the field.

It’s very disappointing - we dominated for long periods and won the battle for effort - but just didn’t have that confidence to beat them at football - for example, regularly hoofing it into touch instead of passing to one of our own players when they were free to receive the ball.

Yeah Im getting sick of this Mowatt situation now, hes got to be dropped and sold on as well now, if his head and heart arent in it anymore. And thats more than questionable now.
    I dint think Woodrow looked like he wanted to be there either, especially in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Both dropped to the bench.
    Mowatt was absolutely garbage - extremely poor performance - so obviously transfer talk is getting to him.
    Is he getting ready to cash in with a move ???
    OR ....... the absence of James is showing through.
    If this is a sign of things to come from Mowatt then sadly he has to go.

And to add to that Sol has been found out.
    Things looking better when Sibbick entered the field.

It’s very disappointing - we dominated for long periods and won the battle for effort - but just didn’t have that confidence to beat them at football - for example, regularly hoofing it into touch instead of passing to one of our own players when they were free to receive the ball.
    Well it wasn't Solly who was at fault for Swansea's second goal , Solly was steady all game .

Poor game from Mowatt no doubt , Woodrow wasn't great , Styles wasn't and neither was Kane or Andersen , you could take your pick tonight .

I'll put my head on the block and say Palmer should be in front of Herbie Kane but it's only my opinion mind .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it wasn't Solly who was at fault for Swansea's second goal , Solly was steady all game .

Poor game from Mowatt no doubt , Woodrow wasn't great , Styles wasn't and neither was Kane or Andersen , you could take your pick tonight .

I'll put my head on the block and say Palmer should be in front of Herbie Kane but it's only my opinion mind .
    I was expecting more resistance and upheaval in response to what I’d posted.

Sol was responsible for their first.
    Mad dog Mads responsible for their second.
    Piss poor defensively - sad to say.

At the start of the season I said Mowatt was the weak link in the side.
    But he’s played great since James joined the club.
    He very much dropped into his owd self against Swansea.
    His Distribution was at best 1st Division standard.
    Great effort by the lads - but lacking professionalism.

Think tha being harsh. Midfield was completely bypassed tonight. No midfielders shone on either team. It was scruffy long ball stuff by both teams right out from the back with the conditions and pitch not conducive for passing football.

One criticism I have offensively is our corner kick routine. Mads Anderson is a strong lad. If we're gonna whip it in near post then Andersons starting position needs to be firmly stood at the near post holding his ground ready for a near post flick on. His starting position is all to c0ck and that is making any type of flick on really difficult because he's moving too quickly towards the ball.

I'll tell you in my opinion who is the future in this teams defence in my opinion .

Toby Sibbick Nudge .

A young lad last season thrown to the wolves in the early part under Stendel .

Mads is all brawn and no brains but I reckon Sibbick may prove to be a much better player in time .

Still a young lad but in my opinion he's going to be a class act .

Something about the lad I like .a calmness about him .

I think Sibbick definitely has ability on the ball. I've not seen enough of him in a central defensive position to judge whether he has what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I think Sibbick definitely has ability on the ball. I've not seen enough of him in a central defensive position to judge whether he has what it takes.
    I always think with the central defenders you need a enforcer and at the side of him a steady reader of the game .

Ferdinand and Vidic at United were a classic case , Ferdinand oozed class and composure and Vidic got his nooze brok every other game doing the hard stuff .

Pinnock and Lindsay were probably our equivalent in league one .

I'd like to see Sibbick given a run of games once we are mathematically safe possibly in place of Solly with one eye on the future .

Nowt against Solly and he's done a good job for us but he's no spring chicken either and we have to plan ahead and improve further .

sol was being pushed away from where he wanted to be their player backing him off,

great interview with val, really liked the point "if we clear the ball then its no goal offside or not" we grow together and learn by our mistakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast