+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Day

Perfect Day

It's been a while since I felt this good on a Saturday evening. At my age I shouldn't let football results affect my mood as much as they do. But I'm really happy tonight. Well done Millers.

Even more so because I have seen us play many times away at Derby. I've seen some real injustices (early 80s, pollitt sending off). I've been in their corporate hospitality as we got stuffed 6 1, etc, etc. And here it is, for the first time in my entire life, my beloved Millers have beaten the ****s on their own patch.

Enjoy the moment fellas. Have that extra drink 😀👍

Yeah, i first went to the Base ball ground with my Dad, about 62/3ish. Stood in the stand down the side before they built the new one( which was ****e). Reg Matthews was in goal for them, he looked an old man..................we lost 2-0...i think.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Yeah, i first went to the Base ball ground with my Dad, about 62/3ish. Stood in the stand down the side before they built the new one( which was ****e). Reg Matthews was in goal for them, he looked an old man..................we lost 2-0...i think.
    That was the Osmaston Stand terracing.

You could walk along the pitch side and drop down into the standing area

Well spoken Grumpy, I'm the same, my first game was 1953, and Danny Williams, I always tell my Son and Son in law to except the result and don't take the game to seriously, after all we are only spectators, and its up to the players selected to do themselves proud, Its Sunday morning here in Brisbane, and while I'm watching the cricket on the tele, Ill take your advice and have a extra 8.5 from Belgium, Ill be asleep this Arvo,.Well played to you all,.

Quote Originally Posted by fromafar View Post
    Well spoken Grumpy, I'm the same, my first game was 1953, and Danny Williams, I always tell my Son and Son in law to except the result and don't take the game to seriously, after all we are only spectators, and its up to the players selected to do themselves proud, Its Sunday morning here in Brisbane, and while I'm watching the cricket on the tele, Ill take your advice and have a extra 8.5 from Belgium, Ill be asleep this Arvo,.Well played to you all,.
    Brisbane?

My stepson lives there. Kangaroo Point

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    It's been a while since I felt this good on a Saturday evening. At my age I shouldn't let football results affect my mood as much as they do. But I'm really happy tonight. Well done Millers.

Even more so because I have seen us play many times away at Derby. I've seen some real injustices (early 80s, pollitt sending off). I've been in their corporate hospitality as we got stuffed 6 1, etc, etc. And here it is, for the first time in my entire life, my beloved Millers have beaten the ****s on their own patch.

Enjoy the moment fellas. Have that extra drink ����
    I remember the Pollit sending off, he was about 2mm out of his area and it was very early in the game, killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    I remember the Pollit sending off, he was about 2mm out of his area and it was very early in the game, killed it.
    Remember they showed the replay in the concourse at half time....a few TVs was used as target practice for the beer bottles...and toilets took a hammering too..

Actually i remember that day more for the fact as news broke just before the game that we had signed Jody Morris...think that was last time I was really wow with a signing I reckon..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Remember they showed the replay in the concourse at half time....a few TVs was used as target practice for the beer bottles...and toilets took a hammering too..

Actually i remember that day more for the fact as news broke just before the game that we had signed Jody Morris...think that was last time I was really wow with a signing I reckon..
    Yep,was it their first or second season at Pride Park ? Sinks hanging off the wall, doors off hinges , not a proud moment to be a Miller

In my younger days if we lost a Saturday game I was like ' a bear ' with a sore head and someone to avoid till at least Tuesday am.

These days I'm more chilled out and relaxed.( Mature ?? Lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    In my younger days if we lost a Saturday game I was like ' a bear ' with a sore head and someone to avoid till at least Tuesday am.

These days I'm more chilled out and relaxed.( Mature ?? Lol.)
    So people only need to avoid you until Monday morning now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast